The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books > Chapter-by-Chapter
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril Anyone want to join me in a rerun?

My recent rewatching of the LotR movies was mildly enjoyable, but the greatest effect it had on me was to awake my desire to reread the books once more. I don't have a schedule for doing that regularly, though I know some of you do. At any rate, it would be fun to share in these discussions again - 3 1/2 years after they began, 2 years after they finished.

The threads have remained open, so anyone is welcome to post at any time, of course. Still, a one-sided discussion is not much fun, so I'd like to invite those who are interested to join me in going through LotR chapter by chapter again.

Some of the threads are very long, especially the first ones. I would suggest that, in this case, it is not necessary to read all posts in order to participate. We'll just start anew, and of course those who are interested and have time can go back and see what others posted the first time around.

There will be no set schedule, and I will not repeat my introductions. You are welcome to reread them to get into the mood, if you wish.

To get the threads in the right order, just go to the Chapter-by-Chapter sub-forum's main page and click on the "Thread" (not "Thread starter") link at the top left side. LotR Foreword will then be at the top of the page, followed by the Prologue and further chapters.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote