The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just fyi I'm still against lynching Phantom, Wilwa, Lottie, and Lhuna.

Shasta and Nerwen give us little to go on. Fea gives us Moddess-demanded weirdness and randomness to go on.

So that leaves Inzil and Nog as the two I'd like to see everyone examine- me included. I may not be able to get to it tonight, but I'm going to give both of them a serious look.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
*crickets chirping*

Where is everybody?
I can't speak for everyone else, but my wife's had the computer for the last few hours feeding her The Sims 3 addiction. And now it's time for bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
So that leaves Inzil and Nog as the two I'd like to see everyone examine- me included. I may not be able to get to it tonight, but I'm going to give both of them a serious look.
I welcome it. For my lynch choice, I'm not sure right now who I'd go for if no one's on board with me for a Lottie lynch.

I do wonder about Nog myself. Was a tie yesterDay in the best interest of the spiders? I wouldn't think so. Yet Nog voted for Lhuna when he could have easily stuck another nail in my coffin.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I do wonder about Nog myself. Was a tie yesterDay in the best interest of the spiders? I wouldn't think so. Yet Nog voted for Lhuna when he could have easily stuck another nail in my coffin.
You know, the reasoning only really works if you switch it around. Nog could not have known that tp would vote for you. "Sticking another nail in your coffin" would have brought the tally up to a tie. The only way for Nog to prevent a tie (and thus ensure a death) would be to vote someone who hadn't been voted before or to vote me, the frontrunner at the time. Your argument falls apart because Nog didn't know it would be a tie - tp's vote not only fell last, but it fell thirty seconds after DL.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
You know, the reasoning only really works if you switch it around. Nog could not have known that tp would vote for you. "Sticking another nail in your coffin" would have brought the tally up to a tie. The only way for Nog to prevent a tie (and thus ensure a death) would be to vote someone who hadn't been voted before or to vote me, the frontrunner at the time. Your argument falls apart because Nog didn't know it would be a tie - tp's vote not only fell last, but it fell thirty seconds after DL.
However, tp had repeatedly said he would not vote for you, hadn't he? What I'm saying is that instead of voting for me, a lynch possibility,he went for someone who had no votes at the time, and someone who tp had also said he would not vote for.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
My brain hasn't shaken off sleep sufficiently to make any sense out of sally's narration, but I thought I'd just get this out of the way.

Nogrod, I goofed typing Doctor instead of Sam. I overlooked it, in the same manner that you overlooked it too and didn't notice it until much later. (I wouldn't have noticed my mistake if you didn't point it out.)

Now I'm saying this because it appears to me that the whole reasoning for your vote against me yesterDay was hinged on that mistake (and is on my list of things to try to make sense out of toDay). And that was after you've practically decided not to consider me for lynching. I've seen this Nogrod before, the one with crazy theories based on flimsy reasoning popping up out of the blue, and he was never up to any good. For that, I'm going to look at you extra closely toDay.

But I do want to see what happens to Kate and Castle, too.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Tired...... Talk *yawn* later....

*falls down*
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
My brain hasn't shaken off sleep sufficiently to make any sense out of sally's narration,
Frodo's definitely been bitten, but I think the rest is just colour.

(You know, by an interesting co-incidence, a diminutive, (very) curly-haired relative of mine was recently bitten by a spider. Made him quite unwell, too. Spooky, no? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The biggest problem with Nerwen and Lhuna claiming I was trying to draw out Sam is that it made no sense at all given that Shelob already knows who Sam is after Night 2.
There was no hint of this in the narration, so either you do *ahem* know something, or it's just a guess. Now you say it's the latter, and that you're basing it on something "Sam" said– but that too ought to be a guess. Either way you can't expect everyone else to reach the same conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Or if you wish to make the argument that Shelob didn't attack Sam Night 2, but instead was stopped by a Sam protection, the argument still makes no sense as no one at any point was suggesting Sam admit who his protection was, but rather his cure target.
Phantom, I can't speak for Lhuna, but for my part I was thinking like this: gifteds don't have to give themselves away completely– it can be enough that their manner isn't quite "right" when talking about their role. Or that they're forced to single themselves out in some way– what if everyone except Sam said, "yeah, sure, I'd have cured Lhuna"? This is pretty basic stuff, phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
My brain hasn't shaken off sleep sufficiently to make any sense out of sally's narration, but I thought I'd just get this out of the way.

Nogrod, I goofed typing Doctor instead of Sam. I overlooked it, in the same manner that you overlooked it too and didn't notice it until much later. (I wouldn't have noticed my mistake if you didn't point it out.)

Now I'm saying this because it appears to me that the whole reasoning for your vote against me yesterDay was hinged on that mistake (and is on my list of things to try to make sense out of toDay). And that was after you've practically decided not to consider me for lynching. I've seen this Nogrod before, the one with crazy theories based on flimsy reasoning popping up out of the blue, and he was never up to any good. For that, I'm going to look at you extra closely toDay.
I might too– that did look like a bit of a reach.