Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ah, LMP, I've reached an island of sanity, serenity, and running so smooth it makes you drift into a pleasant half-slumber accentuated by a faint aroma of mango and a feeling of lychee juice being trickled, drop by drop, into the mouth.

Ahem. Anyway. I think it's perhaps alright where it is. I do have the hours getting darker as Manawyth strums and ponders.

I hope no-one minds the rip-off. I just love that ballad, it's beautiful and if I hadn't cried over it at night countless times as a child, I'd undoubtedly be doing so now. Sir Patrick Spens, unfortunate sea-captain, you made me who I am...

Manawyth seems to be Scottish as well as Welsh. That's life I suppose...
Old 03-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
If Ang's post is to be left where it is, could I have a post inserted above it? I had started a post earlier (it should be done this evening sometime), and was hoping to enter Leof during the time of merriment...
Old 03-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Actually, scratch that. I can make it fit in afterwards.

I can see where both LMP and Ang are coming from. In the midst of the impromptu "party" the dark song does not seem to fit, but given Manawyth's character, it could work.

Anyhow, I've written my post assuming that it will stay as it is. I can just as easily change it if it is moved back up earlier in the day. I do think that it would be extremely difficult to change Leof's and Garwine's conversation about Manawyth in the middle of said posts (64-75), though.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
We can leave it where it is. Anguirel, you actually refer to darkness perhaps a bit early, for supper time (in my thinking) is right around six hours past noon, and darkness does not arrive in early spring (in the relatively Gallic climes of Rohan) until more than seven hours past noon.

Anyway, we can dovetail the solemnity of Manawyth's ballad with Saeryn's sudden pain and her halfhearted offer to dance with Falco.

I still have to read Firefoot's latest post, so this post doesn't account for what she's written.

Just want to add: great writing all around. This is my favorite haunt on the Barrowdowns.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Sorry, lmp, I was confused about suppertime too...In the American South, where I'm living, suppertime occurs around 8-9...they eat late down here. In the American Midwest, where I grew up, we don't have supper at all...the last meal of the day is always referred to as dinner.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Maybe my East Coast origin is raising its head with "supper".

8 to 9? Eegads, that's late!

But more accurate if we're dealing with an agrarian culture; the last meal wouldn't be served up until after the work day was done, which would be at sundown. Consider it so in Edoras, instead of my *ahem* American middle class instincts.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:27 AM   #7
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Funny, LMP; I always thought you were Dutch?

Anyway, um, 8 to 9 sounds fine, and things seem to be going extremely well. To be honest I was a bit in despair about catching up with Manawyth, but when I started writing-as so often-it came easily...