Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I sent Nogrod and Lommy both a PM and Nogrod said they'd both check into here and the game thread sometime in the next day.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
What's she feeling down about? Or guilty about, rather... Is it all on account of Harreld? Poor Ginna.
Wadaya mean, poor Ginna? - after leading Harreld on like that!

Thanks for checking in, Noggie and Lommy; and thanks especially to Foley for taking the initiative. If I ever need to move on, I think I know who to pass this rpg on to....
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Wadaya mean, poor Ginna? - after leading Harreld on like that!
Well, I can say poor Harreld, too, but you haven't written about him having nightmares. I feel sorry for both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
If I ever need to move on, I think I know who to pass this rpg on to....
Oh, don't even suggest such an awful thing! The very idea of you leaving makes me gloomy.

You're welcome, too, by the way. I'm too impatient and far too busybody to just sit back and let someone else take the initiative. (And if they allowed another face, I'd put a winking fellow here...)
Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
ROFL! Foley, that was perfect. I cracked up. I'd rep you but, you know....
Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow. I'm glad you found it so amusing. I wasn't sure if Javan should even dare say it. It was honestly the first thing I thought of when you described the burnt ruins and it took me a full day to decide whether or not I should write it. I'm worried how Eodwine will take it.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What needs to be happen for us to move on? Elempi, are you waiting for more posters?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yes. Though I certainly do appreciate your contributions, Foley, I really don't want this to become a 2 person rpg.

Do I need to start requesting individual players to post?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have not the slightest idea what is going to happen next with Javan. I'll let one or two other people post before continuing with him.

Let me know if anything needs to be latered with Stigend or with the preparations for building the baker. I've little idea how it will actually be done. I hope what I wrote was fitting.

-- Folwren
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #9
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Let me know if anything needs to be latered with Stigend or with the preparations for building the baker. I've little idea how it will actually be done.
That looks fine! Someone should disturb the ruins that much as to check whether the ridgepole is still usable as that long logs are scarce...

I can write that possibly on Sunday but feel free others to solve that if you wish.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Blamed woman. Ruining all my beautiful plans of fun and adventure.

Well, there he is. This should be fun. Interesting, at least.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley, whereas "shut up" gave me fits of laughter, it isn't quite right for Rowenna. So please put this in its place and I'll be happy.

"Of course I do," was the curt rejoinder.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nogrod, you have done admirably in characterizing Eodwine. However, I don't really want Eodwine to come off as having completely "lost it". Therefore, where you have "said not a word" (or something to that effect), I need Eodwine instead to come back out of himself and say something self-conscious but to the point. How about this: Eodwine blinked hard once and cleared his throat. "I am sorry, Stigend. Your news has brought back nightmares from the War, if you understand me."

Also, you have Stigend talking to Thornden as if Eodwine is standing there having lost consciousness. I would appreciate it if you could make it a three-way conversation toward the end of your post.

I would not ask for these changes except that I have a rather refined idea of how Eodwine is processing this, and I need your post to reflect that.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #13
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

A splendid revision, Nogrod. Much thanks!

Foley, you can have Thornden speak first if you like.

It would be fine for Stigend or Thornden (or both) to suggest that Stigend's mastery in carpentry would be better put to use on the necessary projects, as anybody can go digging through a ruin.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #14
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What next, my hearties?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No. It's about this post and everything that's been going on in the game thread.

-- Folwren
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh righty ho, well Kara and Frodides would both have him for a couple of hours. I'd say shared though as they're generally in the same place at the same time! So 2 hours doing kitchen duty. Washing dishes, peeling vegetables, maybe learning to cook.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Who at the hall has a horse? There's Aethel (Leof), Flithaf (Eodwine), Javan's horse, Falco's pony... I think Ginna brought a horse? and the hall probably had a few for general use. And I think there were some boarded? There was a discussion about that a while ago. Those would probably now be relocated...
Modtryth and Stigend have the old mare, Snowstreak.

As to what Modtryth could do with Javan, she wouldn't mind having someone helping her with the shopping stuff. (Bearing or loading the goods etc.) Annoying work yet that would get him to town from time to time, so not the nastiest of duties for a child. Of the nastier duties, I think Modtryth & Ginna & Rowenna would welcome his aid in doing the laundry and cleaning the hall, but that might be too much of "women's work", or what do you think?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The fence, I'm thinking, while not burned like the buildings, is dilapidated, and has many parts missing, having been removed by opportunists who needed easy wood.

Foley and I have written one PM post, a conversation between Eodwine and Javan, which I will save until it fits with the time of Day, which is supper time.

Meantime, she and I will begin another one, because the conversation is not finished.

So feel free to post as much as you like, and to move time along as much as you like, too.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay I'll carry us from that Firefoot.

I'll try it tomorrow but I can't promise at least yet.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Meantime, she and I will begin another one, because the conversation is not finished.
Marvelous. PM posts are fun, but you make one think hard.....especially in Javan's place.

Quote:
So feel free to post as much as you like, and to move time along as much as you like, too.
Thank you. Nogrod (and anyone else who knows the technical business side of all this), I'd like to have Thornden go cut down a tree. Is this doable? Do you need small-ish trees cut for the posts and beems and whatnot for your baker? I'm picturing trees about three to four inches in diameter being used for the upright posts. What are your thougths?

-- Foley

P.S. Elempi, disregarding the sarcasm above, I am ready to begin whenever you are, and I am looking forward to it, too.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #21
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Quote:
Thank you. Nogrod (and anyone else who knows the technical business side of all this), I'd like to have Thornden go cut down a tree. Is this doable? Do you need small-ish trees cut for the posts and beems and whatnot for your baker? I'm picturing trees about three to four inches in diameter being used for the upright posts. What are your thougths?
Nogrod says "yes, go on". And he's writing a reply atm.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #22
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

lmp: if you think that's an opening against your wishes please tell me and I'll change it...

Firefoot & Foley: Everything's all right?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #23
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

"terribly terribly wrong" seems a bit much. "not quite right" would be better, in my opinion.

In my mind's eye Eodwine's posture wasn't THAT much different, but if ANY postural change in Eodwine is going to seem important to Thornden, then it's fine.

Both point above are cautions not to overstate things, because they may raise the bar too high too soon. It's hard to build much of a crescendo from forte, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #24
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I edited my post as you asked Foley. Sorry but I'm not too confident with nuances although now after you said it I do see Thornden sounded a bit grumpy there... I also changed some other details from the latter part of the post as well to make it look a bit more logical...

I'll make a brief post to make Stigend answer lord Eodwine so that you can take it from there.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #25
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Both point above are cautions not to overstate things, because they may raise the bar too high too soon. It's hard to build much of a crescendo from forte, if you know what I mean.
Point is well said. I'll change my post accordingly. I wasn't sure about it, that's why I asked for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I edited my post as you asked Foley. Sorry but I'm
not too confident with nuances although now after you said it I do see Thornden sounded a bit grumpy there... I also changed some other details from the latter part of the post as well to make it look a bit more logical...
Thanks, Nogrod. And don't apologize. You're doing well and usually things are fine.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #26
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Whoops my apologies, didn't quite get that post written. Might manage it tonight, depends on dinner.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #27
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll post for Falco some time today, I think.

Anyone who posts a part of the interaction between Thornden, Stigend, Garstan, and Eodwine, et. al., feel free to make note that Rowenna happens to be busy within hearing, though "apparently" not paying attention. She's really quite an eavesdropper, which I'm sure at least some of you have noticed by now. (She has her reasons)
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #28
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have a bad feeling about Falco's trip...

I would write something but I don't feel like I'm particularly needed and I already should write to three other RPGs so I'm afraid Mead Hall has to take the last priority as always...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #29
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well phooey, Lommie! No wonder EMH runs so slow (and I post so much more than everybody else). You're only as (un)needed as you make yourself be. SOMEbody has to initiate stuff in order for other writers to have something to pick up on. If you need Foley or me to initiate something in your direction in order for you to feel like you have something to write, we can do it. Just give the word. (do you sense a little pent up frustration singing from the teapot?) (sigh)
Old 03-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #30
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, certainly! I can cook up any sort of trouble you would like! I mean, initiate anything of importance that your characters can take part in.

And Elempi, like Lommie, I, too, have a bad feeling about Falco wandering off after a stranger.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #31
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Oh, I get it. You think I'm trying to kill off all my characters. The thought hadn't occurred to me in regard to Falco.