Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm considering ending the current Day soon (say, after everybody gets to do {at least} one more post), and then moving the Time forward one week. Is there anything anybody wants to have happen before I do that? If so, what (in general), and how long Real Time do you need me to delay?

I'll be posting for my set of four characters at least once more before the day's out. After all, Linduial still needs to have a chat with Eodwine .... which could be created via PM, if you're interested, Jenny..... (seems to work amazingly well for good dialogue, etc.).
Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm all for it...I used to use AIM to do that, actually, so I understand the value.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm going to put up a Saeryn post soon (this could be geologically speaking, but I'm going to aim for real-time soon). After that I'm good.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Does anyone want to talk to Manawyth, or shall I just keep him in dark Byronic observer mode?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Does anyone want to talk to Manawyth, or shall I just keep him in dark Byronic observer mode?
I'll talk to him!! I was just about to post to say I had nothing to say at the Mead Hall, but now I have some to write. What fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by LmP:
Sorry, I've been way too busy today. I'll have to start the PM and subsequent post tomorrow. Anybody enjoying the Gob and Twiddle story, or was that asking too much?
Oh, I'm game. But let me talk to Manawyth first.

-- Folwren
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Hello strange people *starts squinting at everyone*, and hello new strange people. I'd just like to clarify that Gudryn is maturing (for the time being) into a somewhat crazy person, I mean come on she hears voices in her head for crying out loud! And I assure you it's through no fault of Eodwine or anyone else aside from Rand*.

I'm also thinking I might like to develope her into a person with somewhat 'special' abilities. Not to extremes like mind reading or telekinesis, but she definetly feels things differently then other people. What do you think? Do you think it's too much? Keep in mind I'm not trying to make her invincible or super human, she's merely different, more sensitive and attune to things that other people would basically ignore. Your thoughts are appreciated.

And I totally agree with our RP characters being based on ourselves. All of mine are, different facets of me some not so pleasant *coughEswencough*.

*: Rand was Gudryn's evil Uncle/step father that did horrible things to her. Basically beat on her and nearly killed her several times.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Let's see how this goes, Esgal, and be sure that you can trust me to use a gentle approach to any mild limitations I can suggest. There were wise women among all Germanic peoples (after whom the Rohirrim are fashioned), and these ran the gamut from madwomen to midwives with the earthy wisdom of their trade. So let's see where it leads.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have moved Time ahead one whole week.

There is no roof over the Great Hall and the Great Hearth has been dismantled.

The temporary tent is in operation and everything's a general wet mess.

Any questions?

It'll be interesting to see how long we stay on this Day.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp

At least it was warm for the season. The new year had come with the first day of spring, marked now on March 25 to honor Frodo the Nine-fingered. It was now the first of April. Eodwine smirked, wondering what shananigans might not happen on such a day amongst such a young and lively folk as dwelt in his Halls.
Hmmm. Does the tradition of April 1st go back so far as to be relevant to Anglo Saxon society. I thought it was more a late 15th European development. Or is this one of those acceptable historical anachronisms that make rpgs so much fun?

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-15-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #10
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
Hmmm. Does the tradition of April 1st go back so far as to be relevant to Anglo Saxon society. I thought it was more a late 15th European development. Or is this one of those acceptable historical anachronisms that make rpgs so much fun?
Mostly the latter. Is the evidence for late 15th century strong?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I'm all for it...I used to use AIM to do that, actually, so I understand the value.
Okay, we'll play it by ear as far as when to start the dialogue. Sound good?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'd like to see what Fea puts together and segue from there, if that makes sense. And I'm not sure yet whether you or I should initiate the discussion.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #13
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nevermind a post from me. It's unneeded.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
White-Hand

I also need to post a reply to leof, I had hoped to finish the post tonight but alas it is not to be but I should get it up sometime tomorrow morning (GMT).
Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #15
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
And I would like to get in a post after that. I should have time sometime tomorrow.