Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #1
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
1420! The Green Dragon

The Green Dragon

Gateway to the Shire
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A golden light streamed from under the door of a small stone building just off the great east road. Just outside the door a sign hung the sign that depicted a rotund Green Wyrm with a foolish grin on a gold background. In bold lettering, beneath the freshly-painted picture, in the same gold and green were the words The Green Dragon. A trail of smoke wound around the trees looming over the inn. Many strange and wonderful characters streamed in and out of the doors of the inn. Hobbits, Big folk, Dwarves, and even the occasional Elf were seen around the great hearth sharing a tale or two. Songs were heard too, whether it was the brave, or inebriated, young hobbit dancing on a table or a mournful ranger singing songs all but forgotten.

This fine establishment was run by the innkeeper Dwarin Thunderhammer. Much to the surprise of many of the patrons, a Dwarf was the proprietor of an inn in the Shire. The local hobbits didn’t seem to mind, however. Quality ale set any doubts to rest for many of the local farmers and Shirriffs, who would drop in more than occasionally.

Inside the Inn, Dwarin was making sure all was set for a long night of business. The fire crackled merrily in the hearth. He went behind the counter and cleaned the last of his mugs and put them away. The magnificent oak topped counter gleamed with a good coat of polish. The room was brightly lit courtesy of five lamps that hung from the rafters. The atmosphere was cheery and bright. The engraving above the hearth read:

There are songs to be sung,
And tales to hear,
So on the peg let your hat be hung,
Behave or be out on your ear!

A knock fell upon the door. Dwarin rushed to the door to greet his first guests of the evening. He smiled and showed them to the counter.

“Greetings one and all. My name is Dwarin Thunderhammer! You can call me Dwarin, Thunderhammer, D or pretty much anything. Just don’t call me late for dinner.”

None of the guests laughed at the stale joke. No one ever did. Dwarin seemed unfazed.

“This is the Green Dragon. I am the innkeeper here at this fine establishment. Anyone is welcome to tell stories and share a tale or two here. If things get out of hand, however, you’ll quickly find yourselves excused. But don’t worry, I’m forgiving and usually willing to give a second chance. So have some fun and enjoy yourself.”

Dwarin turned to go but stopped himself.

“There is one last piece of advice I have for you. Be willing to listen. There are a great many folk here who have traveled the rarely trodden paths. It would do you well to learn from them for many of them are willing to help and answer questions.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to The Green Dragon Everyone is welcome! Whether you’re new to roleplaying or are a long time veteran you can come here and have some fun.

The Green Dragon is the meeting place for all Barrow-Downs Role-Players. This is a place to jump into your first RPG. As you get more comfortable writing here you may journey to Rohan or maybe even Gondor.

If there is a dispute it will be sorted out by myself, the Innkeeper at The Green Dragon - or a member of the Downs Admin team. Most likely The Barrow-Wight and Mithadan.

The Innkeeper can also be contacted at mailtowarin@barrowdowns.comDwarin@barrowdowns.com</A> This forum is still closed and under construction. Further updates forthcoming.
Keep watching here and The Red book for the Rules pertaining to the Shire RPG's.

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]