Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
writing, honest
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Any ETAs on the end of the Massive Party of Intrigue?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm sorry I didn't mean it to be a bore or take so long. Post some time today chronologically really
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Ang, you haven't been a bore at all, at least on my end! The attenuated intrigues of toDay have been most helpful for me, actually, because I've been moving and getting settled in, and fortunately, there's not too much going on for my characters. It's this kind of initiative that I appreciate in games, because then the game's survival isn't dependent on one person.

Now that I have the time to return my attention to the game, I was just looking to see how much more time this was going to take--if it's going to take more time to get everything out in the air, then that's fine for now. All of this intrigue is adding more layers of depth to the game, and I look forward to discovering what all has actually happened (I've been only half-following what's been going on, both because of time constraints and because my characters know nothing of this).
Old 06-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Any ETAs on the end of the Massive Party of Intrigue?
In Auden's words, "If I could tell you I would let you know". As far as Coldan and I are concerned, the ball is with Nerwen at the moment, but I'm afraid I've maybe complicated things a bit too much by deviating from the original jailbreak plan in the garden scene with Aldarion and then bringing Coldan back too soon and putting Asta in a tight spot.

To be clear, although Coldan is doing his darnedest arguing against it, I'd still love to write a cloak-and-daggery (read: crowbar-and-livery) party intrusion - but character-wise, I think Asta would have to sort of charge ahead somehow and thus force Coldan to go after her (yeah, I know - "let the women do all the heavy work"; sorry).

On the other hand, if our burglaring trio stands around quarrelling for a little longer, we could have more than another servant surprise them... just to toss that into the debate.

Anyway, I think we could actually wrap this plot thread up (or explode it and pick up the pieces) in a couple of days, except some of the people involved are also busy with the Arda Cup and WW - which is of course fine (no intention to play Urwen here), it just tends to slow things down, so I've no idea about an ETA.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Ang, you haven't been a bore at all, at least on my end!
I absolutely second this.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
In Auden's words, "If I could tell you I would let you know". As far as Coldan and I are concerned, the ball is with Nerwen at the moment, but I'm afraid I've maybe complicated things a bit too much by deviating from the original jailbreak plan in the garden scene with Aldarion and then bringing Coldan back too soon and putting Asta in a tight spot.

To be clear, although Coldan is doing his darnedest arguing against it, I'd still love to write a cloak-and-daggery (read: crowbar-and-livery) party intrusion - but character-wise, I think Asta would have to sort of charge ahead somehow and thus force Coldan to go after her (yeah, I know - "let the women do all the heavy work"; sorry).

On the other hand, if our burglaring trio stands around quarrelling for a little longer, we could have more than another servant surprise them... just to toss that into the debate.

Anyway, I think we could actually wrap this plot thread up (or explode it and pick up the pieces) in a couple of days, except some of the people involved are also busy with the Arda Cup and WW - which is of course fine (no intention to play Urwen here), it just tends to slow things down, so I've no idea about an ETA.
Well, now that I'm out of the WW game due to being horribly murdered , I've got a little more time to spend on this.

So, it's up to you, now: either Coldan lets himself be persuaded to change clothes with the servant, or Asta will do it herself (which I suppose would fit in with Ang's endless Shakespearean references). Or, as you say, another servant might turn up to complicate things.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #7
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Great - er, I mean, condolences on your gruesome death!
I love the idea of Asta doing a Cesario/Ganymede, and besides Coldan will look more convincing as a 'caught' burglar, won't he? Unfortunately I'm busy today & tomorrow, but I should have time to write on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Or, as you say, another servant might turn up to complicate things.
Nah, repetitions are boring. What I had in mind (and apparently didn't phrase very clearly) was the idea that some loftier personage about to arrive at Ecsichil's pretty soon might happen on us - but I'm not sure that would be a good idea, more like instant catastrophe.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mnemo, I'm sorry I stil lhaven't replied. I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll do that on Monday.

(Blame the same WW game for not doing it earlier.)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just popping in to say I'm still alive, but meh, this game was supposed to be a short little writing adventure for me and now it's prolonged (which I think serves the game itself better so I have no complaints) and I find it difficult to have the time and energy to keep up... But I'm trying, maybe I'll even post again at some point.