Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Of course, Mithalwen, I apologize for exploiting the incapacitation of your character and others for the sake of the plot (even though I can't, for the life of me, figure out what "without a squeak" means in that context...I think I'm getting senile). I realize that this is always hard to adapt to under most circumstances, but you will get more chances to evolve in the game. Also, leaving the Elves fatalistic/apathetic was what I was going for...sort of.

It's been a bit since anyone has posted. I'd like to take this oppurtunity to give everyone a little nudge. I realize also that many may be hesitant to post before Osse, who has offered himself up as the next plot-mover, but there's no need to be too hesitant. This oppurtunity to explore a whole lost city doesn't come around very often, and I leave the description thereof up to you all. Hopefully there can be a "rendez-vous" of sorts with those dastardly trolls soon enough (from a role-player's point of view, at least).

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! I'm back.

***** POST PLACED ON GAME ***** ~*~ PIO

And yes, all reports of my disappearance are gravely exaggerated.

Your disappearance was the one exaggerated. Two bloody months!

Right. Enedwaith, having recovered from the shock of learning two new languages (plus a new alphabet) I see that I have a momentous task of catching-up to do.

Ms. Pio, would you mind posting this before alak’s post # 111? Thanks!

~*~

While her body laid motionless on the frigid ground, Bethiril’s mind was in a place of violent turmoil.

Barely a month ago, the decision would have been easy. Erenor and Angóre meant nothing to her, and she would have betrayed them, despite their kinship, to fulfil what she had hoped to do. But now, despite the feebleness of the bond between them, the act of treachery needed she needed to do could not now be done without a great struggle.

She did not want any of them to be freed by force. She wanted this crisis resolved peacefully. Surely, the Orc chief’s plan made sense—with a land to call their own, the Glamhoth would, perhaps, no longer need to take up arms. Then the Firimar, seeing that the Orcs are no longer a threat, would follow suit. A lasting peace—all she had to do was make sure that none of them escaped. All she had to do was bring to their captors knowledge of Erenor’s concealed weapon. All she had to do was warn the Orcs of a plan to assault their camp.

But her heart, which she had kept under control for so long, now rebelled against her mind. Bethiril had begun to love her fellow emissary, the love of an older, wiser sister for a younger sibling with wisdom of her own, but who too often moved impetuously. She had sometimes thought of trying to win Erenor over to her cause, yet realised that in stifling the free spirit within, she would destroy her.

And in betraying your friend, you would destroy yourself.

She was roused from her thoughts by Ereglin, who wanted to know whether she was fine or not. There must be other ways of fulfilling my mission, she said to herself, as she set all thoughts of treachery aside.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-24-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
I am, indeed, still here

I've been checking in daily, but the usual round of duties, on top of uncertainty of what to write, have kept me from posting. But now, before Osse stirs up some excitement, I'll get in.

My save will be filled, Lord willing, by Friday evening. (I will be traveling a good bit of tomorrow.)
Old 03-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Without a squeak ie without a squeak of protest - I meant that given the Elves were united in their opposition to retreating to the Ered Luin as a course of action I am surprised that they would have meekly trotted of there without a murmur when from all I could follow of the route their abduction would have brought them relatively close to Mithlond.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 03-24-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Apologies, I meant to post a regular 'disclaimer' of my post but church called so I didn't have time. Mithalwen - is my handling of Erenor alright in my last post? Please PM me if you wish me to edit etc
Old 03-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
White Tree

My Save, she is filled.

Osse, Aman, and Nornarwen, please let me know if there's anything you wished changed. I did my best, but they're your characters, not mine.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #7
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Just a quick post from a public computer to let everyone know that I am not, in fact, dead in a ditch somewhere.

I am, however, on a family vacation and without the services of my trusty laptop (Airport baggage handlers... ) I will try to check in as often as I can over the next week, but I would be very pleased if Angore could be carried along until next Sunday or so, when I shall once again be able to post.

Thanks much,
Garen

P.S. Great posts by all in the last week or so! Really a pleasure to read.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 03-26-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaduial the archer
Apologies, I meant to post a regular 'disclaimer' of my post but church called so I didn't have time. Mithalwen - is my handling of Erenor alright in my last post? Please PM me if you wish me to edit etc
No major issues as things stand but I will PM a couple of minor edits to make ERenor slightly warmer - she is steely but not quite so cold as all that

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 03-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Thanks - and here was me thinking maybe I had made her a little too friendly! Typical....