Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
My last post can be, now, completely disregarded, since I have, in fact, posted (so...many...commas).

If anyone want to put up a "battle post", I HIGHLY recommend you put up a save, because the battle will be over tomorrow. It's not meant to be a long battle, or a very epic one. Just a disorganized, unprepared-for skirmish. Hirvegil tactical bungles will probably cost the Rearguard more men then it needs to lose because of the mad charge he initiated, which almost cost the Elves and Faerim their lives.

Tomorrow, arround afternoon EST, I'll be moving us straight from whatever is going on to the Ered Luin, and onto the next stage of our adventure.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Not one to blow my horn, but I thought the last two posts of the RPG complemented one another will didn't they?

Aside from my atrocious writing, I thought the fantastic post of Garen LiLorian's tied very well with mine. He wrote about the charge of the cavalry as seen through the eyes of the elves and I concluded with the end of the charge as seen through the eyes of my character. Perhaps now Kransha would tidy up some loose ends with his ever spectacular contributions!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Kransha - I can't rate you again yet, but...oh, funniest post, really very amusing. The image of the intoxicated Johnny Depp on horseback is now irrevocably infused into Hirvegil in that post!

I hope I have handled Erenor correctly for you, Mithalwen - I tried not to stray out of what you have said of her personality in her profile and previous posts, and she is now merrily (well, maybe not) attacking the orcs on her own horse. I hope I handled her correctly?
Old 03-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
I've posted - twice (oy).

First, I apologize for the awful amount of reading this requires everyone to do. My first post just gets us out of the battle and back to the camp, so no one has to read it, but the second post contains a lot of crucial information. Purely for the sake of verbal, mental, emotional, and philosophical clarification, I'll summarize: Belegorn must now lead a group, consisting only of the characters played by players (minus Hirvegil), deep into the caverns of the Ered Luin to look for food, supplies, or "other lifeforms." Its a hazardous job but, as they say about trendy fads today, everybody's doing it. The Dunedain will disperse through the caves in different directions.

There are miles to explore, underground levels that go deep into the earth, and things that lurk in the shadows - baaaad things (Beware!). No groups will be in close proximity to each other. Think of the situation presented to the Fellowship of the Ring as they explored the depths of Moria, the Black Pit. The Dwarven cities, Belegost and Nogrod, met similar fates; now long abandoned. They were once great cities which delved deep and...well, you know.

That is all. Hopefully that information provides suitable background to start off this new branch of the storyline. I am, of course, continually pleased by the greatness of everyone's posts. Great job, everyone!

P.S. Thanks much for the accolades, Aman. Now, unfortunately, I've been left with the mental image of Hirvegil saying "saavy" a little too often (Hey, don't look at me that way. My brother made me see it!).

P.P.S. My posts were, actually, so long that I had to clip out a section of long description of the immediate beginning of the caverns. I will fill it, pio in 24 hours. It is, by no means, essential, since I want the players to describe their surroundings rather than me...

P.P.P.S. I do hope I handled the character[s] I used adequately. Saurreg, since my posts contained a great deal of interaction between Hirvegil and Belegorn, don't hesitate to inform me if you think I misused him.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Kransha, you handled my character just fine.

I guess now would be a good time for the other players to post a breather while the battered rearguard takes a break. I'll post later this week.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 AM   #6
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Kransha

In view of my post, #118, you might want to emend this part of your post:

Quote:
Hírvegil shifted unreadily. “How many?” he asked, his own voice becoming slow and steady. Like a well-oiled machine, Belegorn rattled off casualty numbers from memory. “Fourteen dead, three gravely injured, and many more with minor wounds. Luckily the maids of the camp volunteered to tend to them, though little real tending or medical attention was needed. The Elves are safe – and as caustic as ever – and the men have mostly recovered.”
The Elven prisoners are safe, but Gaeredhel and Rôsgollo are dead in the fight with the Orcs.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #7
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wow, Arry, this is an unpleasant surprise this morning. The death of any Elf is hard to take, but one that is personally known is more so. I must say that it's been a pleasure working with you, and I hope I adequately portray Ereglin's grief at loosing the two young soldiers.

Good luck to you.

~Alak