Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
champing at the bit.....

Great posts! Now, can we assume that Falco and Garmund follow Thornden and Trystan back into the circular chamber? so that Celuien or I can post? Or do you two need to post again yet? Lai, maybe you want to have Trystan answer Thornden first? At any rate, if you don't post in the next day, we'll fall back upon our "agreed upon method". Actually, I may not get a chance to post tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Cel, Noggie,
It seems we're having an err... pause form our little storyline. I suggest that we do something about it. Do you, Cel, wish to be the next one to continue the discussion? (It is left in a place where it would be logical for Garstan to comment.) If you don't, I guess nobody minds if I will?
And Noggie, could you edit your latest post so that Moddie sends the children to eat too, since that was her original reason to find the children?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry, Lommy!

I'll post as soon as I can, but it may be a few days. I have quite a bit going on through Sunday. So if you have something before then, please don't wait for me.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
And Noggie, could you edit your latest post so that Moddie sends the children to eat too, since that was her original reason to find the children?
If you read my post you will find out that it is said, that we should eat all of us, and there are mentionings about the children taking part in the discussion at the table. Wouldn't that be enough to kind of show the children were there too at the table, eating?

Celuien: A good and righteous solution, although not so much approved by Stigend... His plans were given a blow again.

So let's continue this one. As I was the last one to post into this discussion I've just been waiting for you two to go forwards with it. If Lommy could make something next, I'd think it fine. I or Celuien might take it on from there then?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Celuien: A good and righteous solution, although not so much approved by Stigend... His plans were given a blow again.
Poor Stigend.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #6
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
So let's continue this one. As I was the last one to post into this discussion I've just been waiting for you two to go forwards with it. If Lommy could make something next, I'd think it fine. I or Celuien might take it on from there then?
Okay. I'll do it this weekend, if I get you separated from the 'downs and my little sister from the sims...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Great posts! Now, can we assume that Falco and Garmund follow Thornden and Trystan back into the circular chamber? so that Celuien or I can post? Or do you two need to post again yet? Lai, maybe you want to have Trystan answer Thornden first? At any rate, if you don't post in the next day, we'll fall back upon our "agreed upon method". Actually, I may not get a chance to post tomorrow. We'll see.
I think one more post is needed. However, that post can be edited into it, because once Lai decides whether Trystan is going to tell Thornden what his problem is or not, the two of them are going to return the circular chamber, as you put it. So, if he doesn't say anything, Lai can tell me and I can put a last edited touch to my post, and if he does decide to talk (that sounds horrible, but Thornden's not really doing anything torture like so I shouldn't feel guilty), then she can write it and I or Pio can put it at the end of my post.

Oh, nearly forgot. Tara, Javan's only 12 yet, so he's not as old as Lys and he might not be as tall yet, either.

-- Folwren
Old 09-22-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren

Oh, nearly forgot. Tara, Javan's only 12 yet, so he's not as old as Lys and he might not be as tall yet, either.

-- Folwren
Ah! Please pardon the mistake! I'll work on editing out the bits I've said he was older and smooth it out. I assumed wrongly.

Quote:
How old is Lys, exactly?

He's 14. Or thereabouts. Lys doesn't remember his birthday, obviously.

- Tara
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #9
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You're fine, Tara. Minor detail. . .hardly means anything.

I'll try to post for Javan sometime today.

-- Folwren
Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
How old is Lys, exactly?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Okay, Lommy. Thanks for poking me. Garstan has suggested a compromise.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:14 AM   #12
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Okay, Lommy. Thanks for poking me. Garstan has suggested a compromise.
Great, Cel. And no need to apologise.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 AM   #13
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Sometime in the next couple of days, I'm going to be PMing synopses of the letters from Lin to their recipients. I thought about writing the letters outright, but that's proven too much for me.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #14
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, do you want or do you not want Javan to stay behind at the Mead Hall and take a place in Eodwine's court? I would like a yes or no, but if you trully don't care, I guess I'll accept that, but I'll probably take it more as a no if you do say 'I don't care'. I can't think of any particular reason why he would stay, unless his parents purposefully sent him along to get a place somewhere so he could work his way up to something by the time he's a man. Kind of like sending a boy onto a ship to be a midshipman and work his way up to being captain and admiral. . .

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #15
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Elempi, do you want or do you not want Javan to stay behind at the Mead Hall and take a place in Eodwine's court? I would like a yes or no, but if you trully don't care, I guess I'll accept that, but I'll probably take it more as a no if you do say 'I don't care'. I can't think of any particular reason why he would stay, unless his parents purposefully sent him along to get a place somewhere so he could work his way up to something by the time he's a man. Kind of like sending a boy onto a ship to be a midshipman and work his way up to being captain and admiral. . .

-- Folwren
Let Javan stay. The more the merrier. Eodwine needs laborers. Sorry for missing that question earlier. Want to offer one of the Mead Hall style breif Character Descrips?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #16
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I can make a character description, if that's what you mean by offering one of the Mead Hall style breif Character Descrips.

He can work as a laborer. He's only a boy so he can't really be much else. Let him act as a page or squire or something along those lines.

If that's the case, then I do need to get in a post between Medreth and Thornden before you move time on to evening. I will try very hard to get it done this afternoon. You did you say you weren't going to move time on until this weekend, right?

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Right.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Shortest post I've made in a good while (at least on the actual rpg), but it just seems like it's Foley's turn. Maybe I'll add some more from Garreth and Harreld if I think of it. Getting late...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #19
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe 7th Age RPG Invitation

Bęthberry has offered a seasonal RPG in Rohan – The Veil is Lifted.

It’s a 7th Age game, based loosely around Hallowe’en and open to all comers.

Come join us and have a little fun!

Game Thread – HERE
Discussion Thread – THERE

~*~ Pio
Old 10-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #20
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
Shortest post I've made in a good while (at least on the actual rpg), but it just seems like it's Foley's turn.
You stinker! I was letter it be your turn!

Well, be that is it may, I'm heading off in two minutes for the ACT testing place and won't be able to take my turn until this afternoon, at the earliest. Tell me if you want Eodwine to come out when Thornden asks him if he can have a word with him, or what. I figure, Thornden will say something like, 'I would speak with you, if you have a moment. There are a couple things I would like to ask you.' And then Eodwine would probably step outside the door? Or say, "Hang on a second," step back inside, tell them he'll be back, and then come out?

Just give me a hint as to what Eodwine will say or do...

-- Folwren
Old 10-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #21
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
You stinker

Quote:
, Thornden will say something like, 'I would speak with you, if you have a moment. There are a couple things I would like to ask you.' And then Eodwine would probably step outside the door? Or say, "Hang on a second," step back inside, tell them he'll be back, and then come out?
Sounds good. Take your liberties; I can always slap your hand afterward.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #22
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Sounds good. Take your liberties; I can always slap your hand afterward.
Well, I've taken my liberties, please don't slap too hard.

It's your turn now - I hope my post was long enough. When we're through with Javan there are still two matters that Thornden has to talk with Eodwine about, so don't excuse him too quickly.

-- Folwren
Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #23
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nice post, Foley. Eodwine will not be quite so combative as the second to the final paragraph has him, especially in his current mood of pity for Ritun and Lefun. I think all you need therefore of the last paragraph is the final sentence. I'll have a post up perhaps tonight with Eodwine's reply.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #24
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

May I be so bold as to ask when we can continue? And on whom are we waiting? Neither of my characters are busy in this scene and I see little reason to add either of them to it. If the writing continued in a fluent manner, I would say we had enough excitement going on at present...

-- Folwren
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #25
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

From my pov, it seems that we could move things along to mid- to late- evening now. Is there anything anybody else wants to write before we do that? Because there's a post for me to put up that Feanor, Kath and I wrote about three months ago (I think) that belongs on this Day's evening.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #26
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmm hmmmm! Yes, Celuien has posted now, and the Eorl is feeling a tad tongue tied, thinking that these parents are overreacting a bit; then again, he has other stuff on his mind and it's been years since he seriously parented... waiting for Lommy or Noggie before I post again....
Old 11-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #27
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I thought I'd let you make the next post. If you do not want to, just let me know, and I can write again. Whatever you prefer.

-- Folwren
Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #28
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I thought I'd try to populate Eodwine's dream with every character at the Mead Hall, but there were too many!

So I fit in as many as I could. Anyway, I've sort of made some presumptions in regard to Saeryn. If you want me to change anything, Fea, just let me know...
Old 12-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #29
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
nymphette...

*snicker*

I'll post my book tomorrow. It's already rather long, but I feel it still needs some polishing, and maybe some padding. We are going with the next day then?

How long will the gap be between this and the next day?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 AM   #30
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
nymphette *snicker*
Man, that was off the cuff, but I guess I'll leave it.

Quote:
How long will the gap be between this and the next day?
Good question. After we wrap up this short loose-ends tying day, what seems good?

By the by, no, I don't have kids. Nor was I particularly given to enjoying "ick" in my day. But "ick" for long, long hours of hard labor, not even the lustiest boy would like much.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #31
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Is everybody waiting for me now?

Hmmmm...... smoke coming from the ruins.....

Falco is off to Meduseld to get aid (whether or not it's needed).....

I'm not going to post right away in case someone else wants to do something first.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #32
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Is everybody waiting for me now?
I have to wait for Monday to get the student-exams out of my hands...

Celuien: if you have time to write something for Garstan before Monday, could you carry Stigend with you as well? I would appreciate that.

Others are free to mention Stigend being along the "rescue-party" or use him to your purposes as well...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #33
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Celuien: if you have time to write something for Garstan before Monday, could you carry Stigend with you as well? I would appreciate that.

Others are free to mention Stigend being along the "rescue-party" or use him to your purposes as well...
I should be able to write something over the weekend...
Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #34
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have altered my post to leave Thornden and Léof back by the ruined tower with Rilef and their prisoner whose name escapes me. I have put Thornden's comment regarding only 11 outlaws accounted for in Stigend's mouth instead. And Eodwine now plans to return by way of the tower to meet up with Thornden and company.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #35
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I've edited my post to redirect the question about Rilef to Eodwine.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #36
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks very much, you two. I appreciate that greatly. I'll probably write a post tomorrow morning... I guess there's a slight chance that I can write one tonight, but it's slight.

Can I bring the group back to the tower to meet Thornden and the rest ?

-- Folwren
Old 05-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #37
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll take care of getting the group back to the tower, Foley. Right now, I hope. Lessee I have 6 minutes before lunch break is over.....
Old 05-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #38
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Welcome, Ealasaide! Thanks for joining us! Great first post (as I mentioned via PM already....)!

Okay, there's a little issue of which I feel I'm guilty. I have made a decision as to how Garstan and Stigend will handle the situation vis a vi their boys and Rilef. It doesn't have to be set up the way I did, if you don't want. Sometimes I get on a roll and put words in the mouths of others, which is dangerous. Please know that you can always tell me, "My character wouldn't do/say that." .... as Foley did, quite appropriately, not long ago.

So let me know...

Now back to the new character business.

Below are a couple links that you might find useful to orient yourself to how things go around here. The first one is the List of Characters . The second one is a
General introduction . I've placed asterisks * by the ones that are pretty necessary background. Enjoy your time among the Eorlingas!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #39
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Poor Celuien appears to have been rushed. Ah graduations, such a busy time of life.

The little business between Elián and Falco & Javan has me cracking up. What fun!

I'll do a Falco post. Anybody want to write into the tableau of Ritun and Lefun? Or should we move on?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #40
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have time before you move on, I can post concerning Rilef. But if someone moves on before I post, I won't squawk. I'd say, move on when ever is convenient. Do they get a funeral?

And do we actually get to have a part with Falco bringing up Thornden's behavior in the courtyard (and vice-versa) to Eodwine?

I find it humorous that you're laughing over our three's encounter. It is funny, but it hasn't quite made me laugh.

-- Folwren