The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Such fun! So well played everyone! Nogs, what a wonderful concept and such great write-ups. Big hearts all round....really loved this game.

At the beginning of this game I said I was good at spotting innocents and hopeless at spotting wolves. How true, sadly that turned out to be.
My sure-fire wolves were Legate, and then Eonwe. All wrong.
My sure-fire innocents were Greenie, Lottie, Kit, Rune, Pitch. All good.

So basically I wouldn't know a wolf if I fell over it and it bit me on the ankle.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Aww, Boro, rude! Leave the poor innocent child alone!

Nog, this was such an incredible game! Everything from the actual gameplay to the narrations were phenomenal. And great job, everyone else, for making this such an exciting and gripping game to play! I'm looking forward to reading through the QT for a whole new perspective on what was going on.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Aww, Boro, rude! Leave the poor innocent child alone!
Since in-narration they're my daughter I feel as if I have to smooth this over, but eh I was already dead and like to think old Indor went out with a smirk.

Again, thank you Nog for hosting and narrating such an awesome game. I don't think I've ever played a game as enjoyably chaotic and welcoming at the same time.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #4
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Also......there was *zero* wolf-on-wolf in the Huin bandwagon. That many innocents really did just decide out of nowhere to quarantine a wolf!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Also......there was *zero* wolf-on-wolf in the Huin bandwagon. That many innocents really did just decide out of nowhere to quarantine a wolf!
WHO SAID THIS AND GOT LIKE A MILLION PEOPLE DISAGREEING/ CONSIDERING ME FISHY IN RESPONSE, HMMM??!!

Ah thank you Lottie for pointing this out, now I at least feel vindicated about something.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Boro, you are insane and I love you. That is all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ++Boromir88.jpg (88.4 KB, 448 views)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #7
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Brinn, was your "bearing gifts" remark deliberate? Why did you choose your dreams? Deeetails!
When I first wrote out that sentence, I didn't intend it to be a hint, but when I previewed my post I read it back and realized it could work as one and decided, sure why not? Felt low risk but fun enough to keep in.

Hopefully my previous post gives you all the details you need.

I should note that in general I'm not very good at leaving clues, but they were there, and I was consistent about all my dreams. For one, the only players I ever described as genuine were the ones I dreamt as innocent.

Day 1
Quote:
So far I find Lommy to be the most genuine. She's only posted a few times early on, however, I do find her to be sensible and am agreeing with what she has to say.
Day 2
Quote:
After re-reviewing his posts, I do find Pitchwife to be more genuine and if I were to guess, I'd think him innocent.
Day 3
Quote:
Okay, I had some concerns about Lhuna's posts from yesterDay, and after really reviewing them, I do find her suspicious. For her involvement in the ranger discussion, the way she encouraged suspicion against me in a subtle way, her vote yesterDay, and her bringing up Hui's slip.
Day 4
Quote:
Shasta: I've liked his thinking so far and he's feeling genuine to me.
Day 5
Quote:
In light of learning Lhuna's role, I do actually find Eonwe to be more likely genuine. I looked back at the earlier part of yesterDay and he was gaining a fair amount a suspicion along with Lommy, Boro, and Inzil. Knowing there could be a chance he could be lynched, I don't think Lhuna would've voted him if he were a packmate.
Day 6
Quote:
And I like Greenie's "unpicking Boro" post. Her analysis seems genuine and find myself agreeing with her conclusions, particularly with the possibility that both Boro and Eonwe are innocent.
(Or course me grouping Boro as also innocent could throw things off here. )