Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Pipe

I would like to write a post for Iomhair before I get back to Matrim and Aeol, but I am having trouble deciding where she would be. As Scribe she would have wanted to be present at the trials so that they could be documented, but as Scribes where usually trusted members of a lords household I'm not sure if Athanar would have permitted her to be present at such matters until he got to know her better. So the question is, do I write Iomhair's thoughts on the trial or make it more interesting by having her brood about not being permitted? Any thoughts?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel View Post
I would like to write a post for Iomhair before I get back to Matrim and Aeol, but I am having trouble deciding where she would be. As Scribe she would have wanted to be present at the trials so that they could be documented, but as Scribes where usually trusted members of a lords household I'm not sure if Athanar would have permitted her to be present at such matters until he got to know her better. So the question is, do I write Iomhair's thoughts on the trial or make it more interesting by having her brood about not being permitted? Any thoughts?
It's probably good you raised the issue once again as I was not sure if it got clear between all these to and fro discussions and all the surprises...

So lord Athanar could have just called for Coenred and Thornden and give them executive orders to "punish" Javan & Lithor in the way he saw it fit as it is a domestic issue between the lord and his subordinates.

But as the situation was such a delicate one - well quite bad indeed - he decided he would create a hearing of sorts where he could show his leadership and fairness and make the decisions public.

So it was not a trial but a "hearing" where the people facing some consequences were allowed to speak for themselves before lord Athanar would bring on his verdict in public.

Looking at that, there would have been no reason for Athanar to ban or not permit Iomhair from attending. But neither was there any need to anyone act as a scribe to take notes of it. I think lord Athanar would have not paid attention to Iomhair actually as he's not probably even too aware of a scribe around there in the first place - so she could have attended or not and scribed something down or not.

So sory to not allow you the thrill of Athanar banning her from the hearings, but I can see no reason why he would have done that, as his intention was to make everything more open it would normally be.

We might think about the two meeting during this day fex.? Maybe when Athanar meets with the other Gondorians?