User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #11
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
1420!

Thanks lomie

Quote:
Nerindel, nice to finally meet you. I that have taken two of your characters: Balvir and Matrim(at least I think they were once yours). If you want to writ for them, they are waiting for the wedding to begin.
Thanks Groin, nice to met you too, Yes I have read your posts involving Matrim and Balvir Nice work. I don't mind sharing them but I will put their bio's up (once I locate which memory stick they're hiding in) as they are important to Æðel's story.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that one of your characters had her eye on the "younger of the guardsmen." Would that by any chance be Thornden?
lol, no as Thornden currently has Rowenna on his arm it is not him. In fact knowing Iomhair it is not one man but all the young guardsmen.

Quote:
Feel free to post it up. I'd like to see it. No doubt I'll do what I think helpful to "Tolkienize" it.

In fact, I want to see that before I write anymore about the rite.
ok here it is "Tolkienize" away!

Elder: We have come together here in celebration of the joining together of [bride] and [groom]. The law of life is love unto all beings. Without love, life is nothing, without love, death has no redemption. Love is anterior to Life, posterior to Death, initial of Creation and the exponent of Earth. If we learn no more in life, let it be this.

Marriage is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection. As with any aspect of life, it has its cycles, its ups and its downs, its trials and its triumphs. With full understanding of this, [groom] and [bride] have come here today to be joined as one in marriage. Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, as a woman is not property to be bought and sold, given and taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and if she has her family's blessing.

[bride], is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?

Bride: Yes, it is true.

Elder: With whom do you come and whose blessings accompany you.

Family member (usually the father): She comes with me, her [father, uncle, brother], and is accompanied by all my blessings.

Elder: Please join hands with your betrothed and listen to that which I am about to say.(Grooms man and brides lady bind the joined hands of the couple) Above you are the stars, below you are the stones, as time doth pass, remember...

Like a stone should your love be firm, like a star should your love be constant. Let the powers of the mind and of the intellect guide you in your marriage, let the strength of your wills bind you together, let the power of love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your dedication make you inseparable. Be close, but not too close. Possess one another, yet be understanding. Have patience with one another, for storms will come, but they will pass quickly.

Be free in giving affection and warmth. Have no fear and let not the ways of the unenlightened give you unease, for God is with you always.

[groom], I have not the right to bind thee to [bride], only you have this right. If it be your wish, say so at this time and place your ring in her hand.

Groom: It is my wish.

Elder: [Bride], if it be your wish for [groom] to be bound to you, place the ring on his finger. (places ring on Groom's left ring finger) [bride] I have not the right to bind thee to [groom] only you have this right. If it be your wish, say so at this time and place your ring in his hand.

Bride: It is my wish.

Elder: [Groom], if it be your wish for [bride] to be bound to you, place the ring on her finger.(places ring on Bride's left ring finger)

Groom: I, (groom’s full name), in the name of the spirit of God that resides within us all, by the life that courses within my blood and the love that resides within my heart, I take thee (bride's full name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire thee and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for thee. I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love again. I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee, thy beliefs, thy people, and thy ways as I respect myself.

Elder: [Bride], if it be your wish for [groom] to be bound to you, Place the ring on her finger. (places ring on groom’s left finger)

Bride: I (bride's full name), in the name of the spirit of God that resides within us all, by the life that courses within my blood, and the love that resides within my heart, take thee, (groom's full name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit to be my chosen one. To desire and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for thee. I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love again. I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee, thy beliefs, thy people, and thy ways as I respect myself.

Elder:
(hands cup (containing honey mead for prosperity and fertility) to the groom, saying) May you drink your fill from the cup of love.

(Groom holds Cup to bride while she sips then bride takes Cup and holds it to groom while he sips. The Cup is then handed back to the Elder who sets it on a table. Next the Elder takes the plate of bread, giving it to the groom. Same procedure repeated with bread, groom feeding bride and bride feeding groom.)

Elder announces the union and the bride and groom kiss (I added the bold bit as I thought it was missing lol).