Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That is one of the most boring posts I think I've ever written. Well, that's not entirely true, but, yeah, it was pretty boring. Sorry about that.

Thornden is now out with everyone else. I think he's the only Scarburgian actually put in charge to see that stuff gets done. Everyone else in charge so far has been one of Athanar's men. That's just fine, I was just noting it.

Saeryn is off to seek Degas. She may be stopped on her way out, or she may not, whatever anyone chooses.

Javan is busy until he is needed in any post regarding the children. Nienna and Lommy, I wait for your lead on that.

And I think my business here is done for the night. See you all in the morning.

-- Foley

P.S. For anyone who is curious (which is probably nobody except me), Saeryn is about 3 months along now in her pregnancy. She and Eodwine were married August 9. It's now November 11.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy, I love your posts, and I hate those two characters! It's so insulting to hear Thornden thought of as a 'peasant soldier'. The stuck up snobs. I just want to knock them both upside the head. But that's great! That's why I enjoy it so much. Hehehehehe.

So, it's really looking like we don't need any more truly bad characers. Athanar's family is doing a great job filling those rolls, and Legate's character seems kinda prickly, too, though in a different sort of way. I am probably not going to take on Scyrr, or whatever his name was.

Fea, I'm so excited about Saeryn's baby, it's insane. I'm glad you're looking forward to it, too. I figured you might be one of the few actually interested. Not necessarily 'cause you like hearing about babies, but that Saeryn was your character.

-- Foley

X-posted with Nogrod.

Um....I'm not really sure how long it woul take to build something like that or what kind of materials it would take, but I'm sort of under the impression that they wouldn't like to use stuff for something like that. I could be wrong, though. I don't really care, I guess. I'll change it, if you think it's best to be changed.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I went ahead and edited that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I feel like an expectant grandma. I want all the details, and I plan to buy tiny little shoes and bibs that say, "I love my gramma."
Haha! Okay. How 'bout we plan the details together?

-- Foley
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nienna, you're post was great. I was excited to see it.

----

Updated version of the map. I think I made the stalls too large at first. I have altered their size to 10 feet by 10 feet.

I also added the armoury and the gaurd room, along with doors and such.

I need comments and thoughts about upstairs.

I'm off to bed.

-- Folwren

P.S. Nogrod, I sincerely hope you don't resent the fact that I've kind of taken this out of your hand. I just had a vivid idea, and I didn't want to work on my economics paper, so I drew it....and got sucked in, and kept drawing.

Edit: All these stables would not be built at this time. The paddocks may be, and the first twelve stalls plus the tack room and maybe Leof's room will be built at by Nov. 11 of the game.

2nd Edit: Tomorrow, if I have time, I will try to finish the upstairs, and I will put in plans for stuff to go by the kitchen, like a garden and whatnot. Also, we'll need to think of a place for the privy, as someone mentioned above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarburg Meadhall.JPG (95.3 KB, 370 views)

Last edited by Folwren; 11-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think they're just about done. I know Searyn's tired of it and need to escape soon. I don't know what else needs to be done for now. The rest of the day seems pretty clear - eat, settle down, and...that's probably it. Athanar needs to decide what he's going to do next, but that's hardly anything he'll discuss with Thornden and Saeryn.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Nog, I would be very appreciative of a newer/more comprehensive map. The ones there are nice but they only have the stables, kitchen, paddock, and hall. I was writing my first post and wondering where the privy might be and was at a loss. I think that Ćdre might be a wanderer/explorer too so knowing where things are would be greatly helpful.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You can finish the meeting without the rascals, I think they could have been instructed (by their loving mother, perhaps? ) to be quiet and behave during the meeting, and maybe it's been a good day since they've been behaving themselves (mostly).

I'm sorry I didn't have time to write anything yesterday, I'm definitely going to write something today even if it means staying up too lte for my own good. It's annoying to be busy with RL when something this cool is going on!

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
- Feargall, a bit more authoritative soldier, calm, collected, met by Stigend and Garstan.
Mmh if no one minds, can we change his name? Because now it's confusingly similar to the name of Nerindel's chracter (Iomhair Fearghall) who's supposed to be - on top of everything - from Dale. If we want to keep the name something similarsounding, what about something like Fearguld? That sounds more masculine, too.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow. I didn't think Saeryn was so bitter. I guess she's a little sore about being kicked from lady of the hall to housekeeper. Forgive her stormy thoughts, Mnemosyne. She'll probably not end up hating Wynflaed, when all is said and done...unless your character has more up her sleeve than I can see.

I've been thinking. So far, when anyone has adopted a new character, they seem to shy away from them being even remotely bad or not understanding - beside Nienna's character, she's apparently got an obvious bad streak in her. Even the soldier authoritarian figures have been understading and nice about things. I think it's all natural - if we play a character, we want to make them decent and at least partially redeemable. So, what I'm thinking is that maybe I'll tak the character Scyrr and not worry about any of that, and just make him plain old mean.

On the other hand, we already have a LOT going on and a lot new characters still needing to be intagrated. So I'll hold off on that a little until somethings that haven't happened yet do happen. Then I'll decide.

-- Folwren

P.S. I take that back. Athanar and his two sons promise to be somewhat rough characters. Maybe it's just that family that's so...*ahem* interesting. Maybe we need some commoners who are more temper prone to stir up some trouble among the greater majority of the Scarburgians.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I've been thinking. So far, when anyone has adopted a new character, they seem to shy away from them being even remotely bad or not understanding - beside Nienna's character, she's apparently got an obvious bad streak in her. Even the soldier authoritarian figures have been understading and nice about things. I think it's all natural - if we play a character, we want to make them decent and at least partially redeemable. So, what I'm thinking is that maybe I'll tak the character Scyrr and not worry about any of that, and just make him plain old mean.

On the other hand, we already have a LOT going on and a lot new characters still needing to be intagrated. So I'll hold off on that a little until somethings that haven't happened yet do happen. Then I'll decide.
Well, I would not judge the day before the nightfall, so to say. There has been very little interaction among the people outside the "nobles' council" this far, and no real conflicts yet because the questions and controversions did not arise yet: for instance, the soldiers and the common people overall do not know yet with whom the authority formally lies (one of the things Hilderinc will probably be thinking about, probably in the following post, when it comes to maintaining discipline here). We don't need outright mean characters to stir up trouble. I think there will be far, far much more that can go wrong in the following days. Also, the new characters have unveiled this far only little of their personality (logically, having been around for so short). So who knows what can still happen.

EDIT: Ha, ha... speak of wolves, and they will howl... *goes to check what Groin just posted*
EDITEDIT: Whooo, this is brilliant. Even "better" than I expected. I probably cannot post now rightaway, but in some two hours or so, I should get up a post... by the way, Groin, the name's Hilderinc.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 11-03-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, I would not judge the day before the nightfall, so to say. There has been very little interaction among the people outside the "nobles' council" this far, and no real conflicts yet because the questions and controversions did not arise yet: for instance, the soldiers and the common people overall do not know yet with whom the authority formally lies (one of the things Hilderinc will probably be thinking about, probably in the following post, when it comes to maintaining discipline here). We don't need outright mean characters to stir up trouble. I think there will be far, far much more that can go wrong in the following days. Also, the new characters have unveiled this far only little of their personality (logically, having been around for so short). So who knows what can still happen.
Well, Legate, even if the trouble is unrest due to a new command doesn't mean that a trully bad apple wouldn't be accepted to make things even MORE interesting. I understand the trouble we're soon going to be running into, and that's one reason I'm not going to immediately take up a troublemaking character (beyond Javan, who, I think, is beginning to have some redeemable qualities about him...he will trully be sorry if/when he causes trouble, because he's learned to be ashamed of himself, especially now that Eodwine is gone). (Maybe it's because of Javan's reformation that I feel I need a new bad character. )

So, as I said, I'll wait a little while until things cool off, the dust settles, and I'm able to see if we still need stirring up. We may easily not need it.

I second Legate's comment - Groin, your post was great.

-- Folwren
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, Legate, even if the trouble is unrest due to a new command doesn't mean that a trully bad apple wouldn't be accepted to make things even MORE interesting.
Oh, but surely. Although, even if there is not, some might "find" it somewhere... *points to own post*

I don't know what Lithor is like generally, but there hardly could have been a different reaction from Hilderinc.

As for what now, I am basically done with this aspect, it seems: I don't know what others are planning, but could we perhaps slowly move towards the next stage, i.e. things are unloaded, now some meal or something? Of course, anybody can still approach Hilderinc if there is something momentary (or if perhaps any of the guys he's been talking to wants to engage and continue in a dialogue with him). I just don't have any ideas right now where to sent him or to put him. Also, maybe Coen will be coming this way soon to check if the things went all right? Whatever. Just letting people know that I am basically free of duties now, it seems.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
by the way, Groin, the name's Hilderinc.
I knew that!

Also, if y'all need a "bad" character to come in, Erbrand has a history of not liking snobs, bossy people, arrogance, and suspicious newcomers. In fact, he downright hates those people and is not afraid to show it (e.g. Crabannan). If there is one of those strangers who cross his path, I can provide some tension.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 AM   #13
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I am sure that there haven't been any healer characters in Meadhall RPG. Leastways, I don't remember reading about one.
In case someone wants to roleplay the healer, I detailed Scyrr's injuries in the above post.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 AM   #14
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I picked up a copy of "The Prince" of Machiavelli to see if there's any way this Scarburg situation could be resolved peacefully. This is what Machiavelli says:

Quote:
Chapter 5. The Way to Govern Cities or Dominions That, Previous to Being Occupied, Lived Under Their Own Laws

When those states which have been acquired are accustomed to live at liberty under their own laws, there are three ways of holding them. The first is to despoil them; the second is to go and live there in person; the third is to allow them to live under their own laws, taking tribute of them, and creating within the country a government composed of a few who will keep it friendly to you. Because this government, being created by the prince, knows that it cannot exist without his friendship and protection, and will do all it can to keep them. What is more, a city used to liberty can be more easily held by means of its citizens than in any other way, if you wish to preserve it. (...) And whoever becomes the ruler of a free city and does not destroy it, can expect to be destroyed by it, for it can always find a motive for rebellion in the name of liberty and of its ancient usages, which are forgotten neither by lapse of time nor by benefits received; and whatever one does or provides, so long as the inhabitants are not separated or dispersed, they do not forget that name and those usages, but appeal to them at once in every emergency, as did Pisa after so many years held in servitude by the Florentines. (...) But in republics there is greater life, greater hatred, and more desire for vengeance; they do not and cannot cast aside the memory of their ancient liberty, so that the surest way is either to lay them waste or reside in them.
Current Situation: Scarburg, Free Republic, is Occupied by Lord Athanar, and there is an undercurrent of local dissent that shows itself in petty brawls and raised voices.

The rule of the former Eorl was more of a 'Free Republic' than the rule of the current Eorl. I think quite a few posters mentioned that the discipline and order around here were less than that of the Capital. For instance, locals murmured over Athanar's anger at Lothar's boistrousness, saying that the former Eorl would laughed and let it slide. The locals resent the introduction of new authority and the change that it heralds in its wake, and have showed their resentment in ways that could not be passed over. So, how to hold Scarburg? The second means suggested by Machiavelli is already in effect: the Eorl Athanar is living in Scarburg. The third means of creating a friendly government is also in effect: Thornen, the local official and magistrate, has been set up as the second-in-command. This apparently isn't enough. There's only one other way: despoil. Now it's time for Lord Athanar to show some cruelty, perhaps.

Quote:
17. Of Cruely of Clemency, and Whether It Is Better to Be Loved or Feared

I say that every prince must desire to be considered merciful and not cruel. He must, however, take care not to misuse this mercifulness. Cesare Borgia was considered cruel, but his cruelty had brought order to the Romagna, united it, and reduced it to peace and fealty. If this is considered well, it will be seen that he was really much more merciful than the Florentine people, who, to avoid the name of curelty, allowed Pistoia to be destroyed. A prince, therefore, must not mind incurring the charge of cruelty for the purpose of keeping his subjects united and faithful; for, with a very few examples, he will be more merciful than those who, from excess of tenderness, allow disorders to arise, from whence spring bloodshed and rapine; for these as a rule injure the whole community, while the executions carried out by the prince injure only individuals. And of all princes, it is impossible for a new prince to escape the reputation of cruelty, new states being always full of dangers. Wherefore Virgil through the mouth of Dido says: "Res dura, et regni novitas me talia cogunt / Moliri, et late fines custode tueri." Nevertheless, he must be cautious in believing and acting, and must not be afraid of his own shadow, and must proceed in a temperate manner with prudence and humanity, so that too much confidence does not render him incautious, and too much diffidence does not render him intolerant.
From this arises the Question: Is it better to be loved more than feared, or feared more than loved?

Quote:
The reply is, that one ought to be both feared and loved, but as it is difficult for the two to go together, it is much safer to be feared than loved, if one of the two has to be wanted. For it may be said of men in general that they are ungrateful, voluble, dissemblers, anxious to avoid danger, and covetous of gain; as long as you benefit them, they are entirely yours; they offer you their blood, their goods, their life, and their children, as I have before said, when the necessity is remote; but when it approaches, they revolt. And the prince who has relied solely on their words, without making other preparations, is ruined; for the friendship which is gained by purchase and not through nobility of spirit is bought but not secured, and at a pinch is not to be expended in your service. And men have less scruple in offending one who maketh himself loved than one who makes himself feared; for love is held by a chain of obligation which, men being selfish, is broken whenever it serves their purpose, but fear is maintained by a dread of punishment which never fails.
But everyone in a Tolkienesque Universe is so *nice*, I wonder if this cynical view could be applied to Rohan or the Riders of the Mark. Hm... Ah, well. Lord Athanar will decide, I suppose.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 04-14-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #15
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, I basically agree with all Legate commented on Scyrr's bio. Good work and I'd consider the few points he brought up. Also, Eorl, are the corrections I posted to Groin's post ok for you or would you prefer the original version?

There's a healer - the very same Aedhel who just turned out to be a noblewoman in trouble at her home. She's written by Nerindel.

And what, is Scyrr going to assault the local women before Wulfric and Wilheard? Blasphemy!

Haven't seen your post yet, Dury, but I'm off to check it now...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #16
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ah Durelin that's brilliant, I had nothing particular in mind but somehow what you wrote amuses me... Wulfric will be off to do something else.

Eorl - two things I thought of:

1) if Scyrr has seemed like a bit more experienced soldier this far and you don't want to make him older, maybe you could just have him been a soldier for a few more years (since his teens). I have no idea when the soldier-training would be completed and when started, and whether it's an official thing or not. Of my chracters Wulfric who's 21 is a soldier (yet obviously not a very experienced one) and Wilheard who's 17 is theoretically still in training, although quite capable of everything a soldier should.

2) about Kara - just warning that a) her writer is not and will not be around, b) there's also a Dwarf and a hot-tempered northener who are quite fond of her so someone who's to assault her is going to be in big trouble - also I think she is one of the best liked people in the whole Hall.

I'll try to post for at least Wulfric today, hopefully for Modtryth too (I miss her) and possibly also for Wilheard if there's something to say. Foley, should you continue about the kids?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Also, Eorl, are the corrections I posted to Groin's post ok for you or would you prefer the original version? And there's a healer - the very same Aedhel who just turned out to be a noblewoman in trouble at her home. She's written by Nerindel.
I think I'll go with your version, Thinlomien!
As for Scyrr's age, I will go with the flow and make him twenty-four.
And Aedhel completely slipped my mind; I suppose I would have to wait for Nerindel in order to get Scyrr healed?

Quote:
And what, is Scyrr going to assault the local women before Wulfric and Wilheard? Blasphemy!
Heheh. He's eeeeeeeeevil. But Wulfric hit someone *his father's age*.
From an ethical point of view, that's a thousand times worse than Scyrr going after a defenseless woman.

Quote:
About Kara - just warning that a) her writer is not and will not be around, b) there's also a Dwarf and a hot-tempered northener who are quite fond of her so someone who's to assault her is going to be in big trouble - also I think she is one of the best liked people in the whole Hall.
Eeh... It's no fun threatening an NPC! Wait, who's that hot-tempered Northerner? Certainly not Thornen. He's the very definition of level-headed.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 04-14-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Durelin, I posted, and as I did, I realized that what Thornden just said might be really contraversial. Oh boy.

I also spoke for Coenred, please tell me how to correct it.

-- Foley
Old 04-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #19
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I would prefer not to tinker with other people's characters if I could help it. Too much danger of ruffling other people's feathers. I will just make a new NPC healer character called Jaheira Lannister who is under the supervision of Lady Aedhel, and if Nerindel comes back and would like to involve her character in Scyrr's storyline, then I could always rewrite/edit my post so as to make it Aedhel herself who cured Scyrr. But what about my intended post with Scyrr and Kara, does that pass inspection?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #20
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan View Post
I would prefer not to tinker with other people's characters if I could help it. Too much danger of ruffling other people's feathers. I will just make a new NPC healer character called Jaheira Lannister who is under the supervision of Lady Aedhel, and if Nerindel comes back and would like to involve her character in Scyrr's storyline, then I could always rewrite/edit my post so as to make it Aedhel herself who cured Scyrr. But what about my intended post with Scyrr and Kara, does that pass inspection?
Well, maybe I would suggest patience for a while and waiting if Nerindel wants to post for Aedhel in this situation. After all, that way it would be a chance for her character to interact with Scyrr, which will be a good tool to develop relations between characters, which is, in my opinion, the main point of this kind of RPG. So maybe just wait with it at least a while to give Nerindel a chance to post (also it does not make sense to overflood the Scarburg with NPCs, especially if they will be just for "one use", when there are player characters who can have the same function).
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #21
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, I didn't read your post until I finished posting. Besides, I have no intention of using one-time NPCs, Jaheira is now also my character Anyway, I left it open-ended. Jaheira is an assistant healer, a bumbling and confused one, in fact (okay, I admit it, her personality is exactly like mine), so her task is to keep Scyrr stabilized until Lady Aedhel comes.

As for the last appeal of Jaheira, asking someone to come and help keep Scyrr awake, any character in vicinity (and any roleplayer) can pick up on it! (If one of the Scarburg people, then Scyrr would owe his life to him and it might serve to heal the rift. If one of the Athanar's men, then Scyrr would try recruiting him in his crusade against the Scarburg people.)
Old 04-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Good post, Eorl and I 100% approve of your enthusiasm, but I would still consider the matter of an assistant healer. I think Nerindel should have her say on any assistants her character might have, especially as it's something never before thought of.

Also, the introduction of an assitant healer creates some illogalicaties - no one has ever interacted with her before although she's presumably been around all along. Otherwise I wouldn't think it a problem but given the small size of the Scarburgian community, it's quite difficult to explain why she hasn't been mentioned at all at any point and hasn't been around when most needed (ie when Eodwine was sick, it was Aedhel looking after him, assisted by Modtryth - if there had been an assistant healer she would've been there instead of the all-around household maid who's also currently working as a kind of pregnancy consultant ).

I would therefore suggest that if/since you want to keep Jaheira, we make her one of Athanar's party. She could even be the healer of his household, come with good recommendations but not really being ready or self-confident at all... or something like that. What say you Nog? And Nerindel? And Eorl?

Eorl, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bashing your idea 'cos that's definitely not what I'm trying to do, but I think you're moving a bit too fast for us others to keep in pace. So (since we are in Rohan), please hold your horses for a second and we'll (and that "we" includes you, of course) sort out where your new character would best fit in.

Meanwhile, you can use your energy for coming up with a bio for Jaheira (still assuming you're intent on keeping her, sorry I didn't get a totally clear picture)...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #23
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

PS. I'm not writing anything before the healer episode gets settled since my characters are more or less involved in the mess.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I would therefore suggest that if/since you want to keep Jaheira, we make her one of Athanar's party. She could even be the healer of his household, come with good recommendations but not really being ready or self-confident at all... or something like that. What say you Nog? And Nerindel? And Eorl?
That would be an excellent idea. We hadn't thought of a healer belonging to lord Athanar's retinue, but surely there should be one. So I kind of like the idea. Would that fit your ideas abut her Eorl?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #25
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The easiest way to not make this a too big an issue would be just to decide that there is a bleeding wound on Scyrr's throat.
Yes, that's fine with me.

However, then it would no longer be assault and battery case, would it? If Erbrand cut Scyrr's throat, notwithstanding whatever mischance might have guided his hand, it would be attempted murder that he'd be charged with. Ah, well, so much better for Scyrr then.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Whoa. I guess that's one way to put it, Lhuna. Funny, Harreld never did quite come out and say it the way Ginna did, but he might as well have, eh?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #27
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So. I went through a nasty operation and after two weeks in hospital I am back home again. Nothing serious any more I think. It was just that the operation didn't went so well they first thought it would go and thus I had to undergo another one...

I'll be coming back to this during the weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Heh, I just saw Lommy's explanation of my situation...

According to my dictionary I had a hernia. I had had it already a year but it just got real nasty one morning two weeks ago. After having a few classes at school it started to be that bad I thought it better to go to hospital. It turned out (at the operation) that one of the minor arterials in my stomach had been damaged and there were two litres of blood in there running free denying the surgeons from an easy operation... therefore they had to cut my stomach full open - and that takes time to recover from. But as I said, nothing more serious than that. It will just take time. But I should be able to use my computer while recovering...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #29
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I am very glad to hear that you are back. Too bad the surgeons had to re-operate, but hopefully now you will recover fully. We'll be looking forward to your getting back in the game...especially me and that PM...

Lommy, no wonder you couldn't figure out how to quite describ a hernia in English. lol.

-- Foley
Old 06-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, Nogrod - perhaps your signature should be, "Well, I'm back," he said.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #31
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd prefer it if we could make it longer than three weeks' jump, considering everything Eodwine has going:

1. recovering at Minas Tirith aka Mundburg - at least a week
2. slow travel to Rohan - 7 to 10 days?
3. Stopping in the Folde to pay a visit to Degas and company, Rowenna deciding to join him to go back to Scarburg. And of course Degas might choose to come along, too. Fea???? - at least 1 day
4. Meeting Falco on the road who is on his way to Minas Tirith. - any given day
5. Stopping in at Edoras for at least one night. - 1 to 3 days
6. The daylong trip to Scarburg. 1 day

All this could take quite a bit of time. I'm seeing at least 18 days, and possibly as many as 31 (or more).

I could post today, but I'm a little uncertain since we haven't determined how far the time jump is. I suppose I could go back and edit for that, or leave the time things take vague.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #32
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am about to go out with my dad and look for a car. If no one has posted by late this evening or even tomorrow, I may, whenever I have time.

-- Foley
Old 07-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #33
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I love this stuff.

Nice post, Noggie! No time to post right now, but Eodwine's response will most likely be up by the end of tomorrow.

Oops. That has happened before. Okay, it's in the right place this time. Thanks for the heads up Foley.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm - er - dragging this out some, I guess.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #35
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yeah... I felt a little bad about interrupting you two (and with an NPC... kind of lame) when you just got started.

Also, Galadriel, so glad you're bringing in another female character. It seems nearly all our current ones have lost their writers (though I suppose that goes for a lot of the characters in general).

Last edited by Firefoot; 11-01-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #36
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I promise, I'll get to this today...
Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #37
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It's a funny post, Firefoot, and I wouldn't ask you to change it for the world. But did you know that left and right footwear only came to be around 1850?

http://inventors.about.com/od/sstart...ns/a/Shoes.htm
Old 12-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #38
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
It occurred to me, but I didn't feel like looking up the dates... maybe the Rohirrim just have technically advanced footwear?

I'll change it - thinking now, I have something else in mind...
Old 12-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
It occurred to me, but I didn't feel like looking up the dates... maybe the Rohirrim just have technically advanced footwear?

I'll change it - thinking now, I have something else in mind...
Aww, that was a neat post. Made me laugh. And Elempi's facts are probably from a Shire history book, so it's safe to ignore them...
Old 12-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #40
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Aww, that was a neat post. Made me laugh. And Elempi's facts are probably from a Shire history book, so it's safe to ignore them...
Funny, G55.