Quote:
B. Inhabitants of Mordor

1 Ex-slave (male) – PLAYER NEEDED
Hi.

Can I play the Ex-slave?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oro! Haven't seen you around in a while.

Folwren, why so reluctant to kill of characters? It's fun. In a depressing sort of way.

As for my bio... soon. Before the end of the week for sure. First post to shortly follow.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Too lazy to expand the bio -- will make Granny (EDITED) a slave escapee

Pio - please change me on the lists.

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .

Last edited by Undómë; 06-21-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Can I play the Ex-slave?
Well, as long as you have a bio and first post that works out, I believe so! Good to see you again, Oro.

Also, we'll have to discuss a minor character, and any times when you will be absent over the course of the game. We ask that everyone play a minor character, because we want every group well represented in the game. So, it is up to you if you play another ex-slave as your minor character, a slave-escapee, or an Orc.

Folwren - I was just curious as to your feelings about it. I am not looking to kill off any of your characters because I am bloodthirsty (bloodthirsty I may be, but I do have self-control), I simply wanted to know in case we run into any trouble with you being absent from playing either one of your characters.

Also, Firefoot, your choice of minor character is still up to you, as well.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Too lazy to expand the bio -- will make the sisters slave escapees
Ah, sorry, I was referring to your minor character, Granny Brenna.

The Orcs are of course part of the rebel Orcs. There are no Orc slaves.

Sorry for any confusion.

But I see that Pio has already changed your minor character to a 'slave escapee' on the list.

EDIT: Ah, all is changed. Terribly sorry.

Now I feel like I was losing my mind from the start...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Done, U. And changed your bio.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Folwren, why so reluctant to kill of characters? It's fun. In a depressing sort of way.
Because! What's the darn good of developing a character and then killing him, unless there is some great lesson to learn? And even then, it's devistating! I've cried for hours (well, not for HOURS, but I cried a lot) over killing a simply wonderful character. . .and there was a good reason for killing her. It was sad, and I don't always like sad. Not when it comes to killing a poor person that I created. (I would hate being God.)

Now, Durelin and Child - don't get the wrong impression. I will be sure to write this character with the knowledge in mind that I may have to end up killing him, and I probably won't cry for him. Okay?

-- Folwren
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to jump in in the middle of a conversation, just wanted to check-in and say that I am currently working up Carl's bio. Once that is done I will try to catch up ASAP with the thread here! My, but it seems to be growing rapidly!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #9
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Firefoot: I know... I'm looking forwards to "ex-slaving" with you..Hahaha.

Quote:
Well, as long as you have a bio and first post that works out, I believe so! Good to see you again, Oro.

Also, we'll have to discuss a minor character, and any times when you will be absent over the course of the game. We ask that everyone play a minor character, because we want every group well represented in the game. So, it is up to you if you play another ex-slave as your minor character, a slave-escapee, or an Orc.
You too, Durelin.

I'll start writing my main character description + post now. As for the minor character: I will write a BIO for a slave-escapee, if that is alright.

As for the times I'll be absent: May I come back to you later on that?

Thanks for letting me play,
Oro
Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #10
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see how the game is progressing. Right now I am working on my profile and first post. It is not clear to me what the first post for the orcs should be. Should my first post be my decision to join the rebel orcs and set out on the trail going north or should it be something else? My minor character will be a female orc if that is okay.

I am looking forward to playing in this game with so many great writers,

My vacation times....mostly I won't be on vacation, but I will be gone later in August to start college. That will be about August 23- 28. It may take a few days to get settled in and start posting again--not too long I hope.

- Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 06-21-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #11
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Regin H

I was planning to write my first Orc-post starting the night prior to the rebel Orcs leaving the group.

Mazhg has heard some of the women talking about getting away from the main Orc group. They don't want to be killed in the nearing battle. The plan she heard is to slip away in the early, even pre-dawn hours, in small groups of ones and two's maybe and meet up somewhere a good ways away, towards where the sun sets, from the main group.

Your male Orc could be waiting for the rest of us like an advance guard or could be just coming along like my two sisters.

How does that sound?

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just got a note from Novnarwen that she will be doing an ex-slave as well. She didn't mention gender so I will ask her to post that on this thread.

It seems as if we have a goodly contingent of slaves now. If anyone else appears, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra Orc, especially male.

Pio - I've edited the character list to reflect Regin's minor Orc and Novnarwen's major Ex- slave.

Folwren - If you feel you can handle a minor character, please go ahead. I am sure you will manage just fine.

Oro, Firefoot, Regin - Welcome to the game! And thanks to everyone who has already posted their profile.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #13
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tevildo

I've put your 12 y/o old female slave down as part of the escapee slaves - is that good for you?

------------------

Folwren

I've put your young boy slave down as part of the escapee slaves - is that good for you?

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-21-2006 at 12:40 PM.