Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think we should hold off on the flood just yet. There are a lot of characters with business with Eodwine that can be put off a couple days because Eodwine isn't well. So between the arrival of the woodlanders and Leof's sister and getting everyone sorted out I think there's enough material to work with. The flood can be the next day we wrote about.

Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Main thought that I don't want my self-inflicted problem to become a more general one and to stymy anyone else. I will work something out. If I have to temporarily incapacitate Elfthain so be it. He's young and healthy, he will recover

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 08-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I think we should hold off on the flood just yet. There are a lot of characters with business with Eodwine that can be put off a couple days because Eodwine isn't well. So between the arrival of the woodlanders and Leof's sister and getting everyone sorted out I think there's enough material to work with. The flood can be the next day we wrote about.

Thoughts?
No problem with that. It might make sense as far as I am concerned. It just then comes down to who wants to sort out what. I can always find something to fill in just by posting a couple of interactions between my own people (I at least want to do one thing at some point anyway), but also can be of assistance to anybody who is around. Áforglaed can further assist Ladavan (and Hilderinc can too, for that matter). Stefnu can look after Saeryn and Eodwine's kids if Eodwine seems to require a lot of Saeryn's attention and the kids somehow end up messing around too much, feeling neglected, or all of the above. And basically my characters are there for anyone to interact with if you need someone. There's always a way to do it. (If I had an idea to "help" Elfthain stay, I'd be happy to assist, too )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It doesn't have to be big drama. If the flood is going to happen anyway he just needs a minor hindrance to stop him going with the main party and then by the time the floods clear he may feel inclined to get permission to stay for whatever reason. Even that he feels he would be more useful there than at Edoras. But don't have the flood just for his sake...

Old 08-10-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I've been thinking of introducing another character ever since the resurrection of the RPG forum, but I've been putting it off because I couldn't even write properly for one character. However, summer is almost over and I'll soon be gone from my madhouse of a home, with considerably more time on my hands, so it's gonna happen soon. He's going to be travelling from somewhere far, and has no problem with delivering a message from Elfthain's mother telling him to stay in Scarburg for one reason or another. If that works for you, Mith, then I can happily hurry up with the bio and include it with the background post.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #6
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Well, I've been thinking of introducing another character ever since the resurrection of the RPG forum, but I've been putting it off because I couldn't even write properly for one character. However, summer is almost over and I'll soon be gone from my madhouse of a home, with considerably more time on my hands, so it's gonna happen soon. He's going to be travelling from somewhere far, and has no problem with delivering a message from Elfthain's mother telling him to stay in Scarburg for one reason or another. If that works for you, Mith, then I can happily hurry up with the bio and include it with the background post.
Kind offer but I really don't want to put anyone out or alter their plans. And I can't think why mama would keep her cub away. The last thing she said was come home soon.... Don't worry. It may just be that if he is delayed long enough to see these pretty girls arrive her will be begging to stay

Old 08-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mith, did you decide you didn't just want to have Elfthain to stay because Eodwine or someone invites him? I remember Elempi mentioning that option.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That would be absolutely fine. But Eodwine doesn't seem well enough yet to be aware of someone so peripheral ... maybe Javan could put in a word with his big brother>? Then Elfthain could write to his uncle by the returning convoy or something.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 08-11-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Legate, I'm all right with a time jump, and maybe Ladavan just being found and approached by someone in response to his military interest. Hopefully the contact will be as open-minded as Áforglaed, if he doesn't do it himself. Or maybe not.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
That would be absolutely fine. But Eodwine doesn't seem well enough yet to be aware of someone so peripheral ... maybe Javan could put in a word with his big brother>? Then Elfthain could write to his uncle by the returning convoy or something.
That is a great idea.

Would not the people in the convoy in general want to stick around a few days anyway to rest? How quickly do you think they'd want to move on?