Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
*is curious* anything to do with the mysterious old man they met earlier?
Yes, actually.

I remain alive, by a thread. Life is eating me. However I still take pride in the fact that I wrote Therian's departure in a way that accounted for whatever ridiculousness came up. My goal is to be functionally active again after this weekend, at which point Therian shall be stumbling back with not a single idea what's happened without him, but he'll be extremely excited about what he's discovered about Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Right, Ang. V is ready for whoever's come calling.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
So, Asta's had her fireworks now. I'd say the explosion follows the dinner-gong by no more than a few minutes.

(I'm assuming here that Coldan didn't leave through the back gate.)

And yes, I know this goes against the idea that we should wait for Cirdacil and V., but the way the conversation between Coldan and Aldarion went, I thought it was important that he have no chance to report back to the other two.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-15-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Okay, so I've spent the past week... waiting for the day I'd actually leave Boston and begin my close to a week-long drive back to Alberta for the summer.

It's a long story involving a broken-into van, a damaged ignition, and missing parts but 8 days later than planned I'm off tomorrow. If we have any luck, I'll have slept off my "van-leg" in Alberta just in time for toMorrow to dawn and have Amdír reappear "as though nothing ever happened."

In the meantime... I'll see you then.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Whoopee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
So, Asta's had her fireworks now. I'd say the explosion follows the dinner-gong by no more than a few minutes.

(I'm assuming here that Coldan didn't leave through the back gate.)
No he didn't - which is to say, he hasn't yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And yes, I know this goes against the idea that we should wait for Cirdacil and V., but the way the conversation between Coldan and Aldarion went, I thought it was important that he have no chance to report back to the other two.
My thought exactly (as you probably guessed).

EDIT: Coldan has rejoined Harry and Asta in an, er, rather tempestuous way. Just to up the tension a bit more, he hasn't yet gotten round to telling them about Aldarion. He will, of course, but whether he'll manage to dissuade Asta from crashing the party is anyone's guess. (I think he'd at least try not to mention Gloredhel here and now, but, well...)
Oh, and if he can't stop Asta, I think you all know what he'll do.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 06-15-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ang- since the house is owned by your characters, would you mind setting the scene that Aldarion and Gloredhel have walked into after the dinner bell?

And feel free to write Aldarion's reaction to the big bad boom (I'm assuming we hear it inside). He would likely immediately recognize it as a calling card of Asta's powder prowess. In Gloredhel's company despite the seriousness of the situation I imagine it would strike him a bit funny, thinking of poor Harry being drug along by Asta to "rescue" him from a party. So, initial surprise at the sound followed by a grin would be likely. Gloredhel would be the type to laugh at such a thing anyway, so Aldarion would probably then laugh with her.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Galadriel- since you control the servant character, why don't you make him die from the blow to the head! That ought to make things quite interesting for the troop.

Kidding.

Or am I....
A second attempt to murder my characters?

As I said in Thiliel's case, as long as I'm not involved in writing the law debates that would follow, I'm ok with having my characters gruesomely murdered.

I can see Belegon saying this: "I felt something hit my head, and then I died. I did not live to tell the tale."

However, tp, your efforts are futile, since Coldan already confirmed that Belegon is just unconcious. But there's always a chance that he'll have a heart attack when he realizes that he's late for dinner...........
Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
writing, honest
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Any ETAs on the end of the Massive Party of Intrigue?