View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #2149
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I had hoped some...but I guess what you say makes sense. However, if the hay was not altogether loose, if it were baled, would it make much difference? P'raps not. If if they hay were slightly damp, it could account for the thick smoke described in the posts, but not provide much flame. However, this sort of fire is dangerous, too, because it is difficult to put out 'damp fires' and it is often deceitful...when you think it's out, it's not and it smolders and lights again...

Weather has not been described, to my knowledge.

Quote:
At any rate, we're going to be leaving Edoras behind soon anyway, so what difference does it make?
Well, the most difference I see it making is the gravity of what Javan's done. If the stables aren't completely destroyed, then to my mind, he just might not be in as much trouble. On the other hand, if they're burned down to the ground, or rendered useless, then I imagine people will be a bit more upset with him.

Quote:
Key question #1: "How long does it take Thornden to create manhandled order compared to how long it takes for the already raging fire to consume the stable?"
Not sure, actually. I was hoping not too long. And I was hoping the fire wouldn't burn too quickly, but I have little experience with such thing. I know how firewood burns when its old, dead, and brittle, but...well...I don't know.

Quote:
Key Question #2: how long a line does it take, and how many people will it take to make the line, and how many buckets? I have my doubts.
I wasn't sure how many buckets to make it. I said ten or twelve, but that could be incorrect. I couldn't make it too terribly many buckets - how many do they keep around the place? As for the men? I didn't think about it that indepthly. Sorry.

So, what I gather from your post - No, the stables may not be saved.