View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #37
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumil View Post
Readthrough 2 seems to have stalled a bit after a gallant start from Esty and noble work by Legate.
I think one of the problems with this kind of things is that people set the bar too high... I mean they're too gallant and if they then can't make it with the standards they have set themselves the thread dies.

So how aobut no-one takes the kind of responsibility of alone providing the "base-text" / introduction (like it seems to be done in so many "read-along"-threads here) but we could either just a) make a deal about the intervals between the chapters and anyone could post (like a week to read and a week to discuss that or something), or b) the responsibility of the laying the groundwork for the discussion of each chapter would change so that no one would need to carry that task alone?

Quote:
I tried to catch up but you know how it is! It would certainly be good to get it going again.
Catching up is the impossible. I tried it with the BBC radio adaptation discussion but never managed to read all there had been before as the discussion was lively and so even if I listened to the whole thing myself a month later or so I never wrote a post there as I was soo out of the discussion.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote