View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It could be good to do it again, schedule (and the kraken) allowing of course! Who knows what new insights I've got over the past couple of years? What about all these spanky new companions and guides and whatnot? What about reading in the light of Children of Hurin?

Plus we have lots of new members and I'd love to see what they've got to say, and older members didn't always join in back then - maybe they're a whole lot less daunted now being veterans? I don't think I was around in the early days of the last read through either, and I certainly wasn't very confident when I did first join in...

But two points:

1. I'd advise against a fast pace on it. Even if you want to read and post quickly Esty, I don't think everyone will be able to do the same, and if one of your aims is to talk to people instead of to the computer (I know what you mean, just posting on a cold, dead thread can be a bit like muttering away to yourself like a madwoman) then I'd advise on holding off for a more leisured schedule than once a day - even if it does take ages to get through it again. It might just be me, but keeping a tight ship on the group read through is a good idea for keeping discussion fresh?

2. Yes, use the old threads. They're full of stuff (I know, I posted too many overly lengthy posts...it was like homework!) and so it's nice to have it 'all in one place'. But I reckon it would also be good for people NOT to read through the threads until they've got their thoughts down - not only are they really daunting but who cares if you say something someone else has already said! Just say it anyway. I wouldn't be doing essays again anyway...

Oh, and a third point. 'Cause...

3. Let people know about it and often.