View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #814
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The girls and the women came out to meet them in the courtyard. Thornden stepped back away from Rilef, allowing them to come and see him. He pulled Javan away with him and led him inside. “I want you to go up and wait for me in our room,” he said, leading to the stairwell. “I can’t see to you yet – there are things to be taken care of here.”

“But, I’d like to see what went on!”

“I’m sure you would, but that’s not the point. Get on with you.”

Javan turned with great reluctance and obeyed slowly, walking towards the hall and climbing the stairs up to their room.

Thornden returned to where the others still stood in the courtyard. It was his duty to see that the captive outlaws were taken care of until Eodwine had time to think about them and see them properly disposed of. Without bothering Eodwine, he went back to where Garwine stood, still guarding the outlaws faithfully.

“Bring them in. We’ll find proper and strong rope and make sure they’re all secure before putting them away somewhere.” He turned to lead the way in. Garwine pushed two of the men forward and the third going on without prodding.

It did not take long to find the rope and a place to put them. Down in the kitchen cellar was a closet. There was only one door and the place had no windows. Thornden and his two comrades bound the three outlaws securely, hand and foot. Thornden went out from the closet last, locking the door after them and drawing out the key.

“Thank you, Garwine,” he said as they climbed the stairs again to the kitchen.

“You’re welcome,” Garwine replied. He smiled and nodded and went out of the kitchen again, down the corridor to the great hall.

Thornden stood for a moment, considering, and then he turned and also departed from the room, but he went by the outside door and headed towards the front courtyard. On his way, he saw Rowena, the woman that Eodwine had found in the ruins. She was leading her dogs someplace and she did not see him.

Thornden went in search of Léof. He found him, as he expected, working on unsaddling and whisking the horses’ coats with dry straw.

“Léof,” Thornden said, drawing near and stopping a few paces away. “May I speak with you?”

Last edited by Folwren; 07-01-2007 at 06:01 PM.