View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #808
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How sincere Falco was in his apology, Thornden could not tell. He stood rigidly for a moment, as Falco spoke. It was a ridiculous, humiliating moment for both of them. All the same, he had to bear it like a man.

Thornden returned the bow slightly when Falco stood up again. “Your apologies are accepted, Master Falco, and I trust we do not have such a misunderstanding again. . . “ Not likely, he thought, but he could at least be polite.

“You’re forgiven,” Javan piped up. He was oblivious to the embarrassment but he felt important and proud to have Eodwine notice him to the point of making Falco apologize.

But Thornden was annoyed. Javan looked as though he thought he deserved the apology. “I think Falco may be right, lord,” he said, as Falco turned and they began to walk again. “He could not have forced Javan into doing anything. It was likely Javan’s own doing that led him out here.”

“That is not my concern,” Eodwine replied calmly, “and I do not mean that Javan should not be held accountable for his own actions, but Falco did somehow include him in this when he should not have.”

“I understand,” Thornden said, nodding slowly. “My lord,” he said after a slight pause. “What do you think? Should I not have given him the order to stay? You have said that in such a case I must order things as I see fit – but was I wrong? If I was, then I would have you tell me, that I might learn from my mistake.”