View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #430
Laiudanama
Animated Skeleton

Laiudanama has just left Hobbiton.
Trystan took the apple gratefully, although he did not immediately bite into it. In a strange sort of way, he was not quite willing to take something from this young lady unless he was sure he could repay it. Ridiculous really, for a fellow who made his living from thievery, but it was a weakness of his - and one that had nearly cost him his life in Dol Amroth. She was mocking him, he was sure, but it was quite, quite charming. He rubbed the skin of the apple gently with his thumb as he watched Saeryn sidelong biting into hers. Sweet fruit indeed.

Her mention of Dol Amroth had made him slightly nervous, to say the least. First Farahil, the soldier in the stables, and now this Degas fellow who he was yet to meet - although if the sister was anything to go by, surely the brother could not be too bad. She mentioned suspicions: what sort was she speaking of? He would have to find that out certainly, if he was to spend any sort of length of time in this place - and maybe if attention was that way focused, his own past would not be so pryed into? Although it could easily work against him too: a recent crisis could mean more interest into his own past as a stranger and a newcomer, especially if he was to appear to deliberately withhold it...

"My own story is nothing much to dwell on, Lady Saeryn, so do indeed press on - although I would not withhold it from you if you were so inclined to hear it, of course," he added quickly. "But to move on...my lady, as you may have guessed, I...well, I find myself on rather hard times, and am somewhat unable to pay for my own breakfast, let alone any length of stay in such a grand place as this Hall. But I have been travelling for a mon- for a good few weeks now, and so would be very glad of a place to stay. So, if you would be so kind, and I will of course understand if you cannot oblige, but I would be glad to do any sort of oddjob in payment..."

Trystan trailed off uncertainly, his eyes fixed intently on the apple's still untouched surface, before he raised them to Saeryn's hopefully, awaiting her answer.

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-26-2006 at 03:10 AM.