View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 05:59 AM   #429
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
"And so I ask of you, forgive me for how I failed you."

Lin laughed and looked at the older man earnestly. "Indeed, my lord, I see no failure. It was my own carelessness that earned me my fate that day, and only the courage of my friends that got me out of it. You still wear my father's signet, lord, and the favor of my house still goes with you, for what it's worth."

She hesitated, then embraced Eodwine, losing all hint of formality. "In truth, my friend," she said fondly, "I think of you as a brother or another uncle. And I think my natural brother wishes to complain of how much I have packed." She granted both men a joyous smile, and swept off towards the stables, taking the offending package from her brother and stuffing it into a saddlebag despite him, sticking her tongue out at him insolently. With that, their preparations were complete, and she scanned the courtyard, hoping that Saeryn and perhaps Garstan would find her before her brother demanded they start. The day was getting advanced.

She'd said her goodbyes to Marenil the night before, promising to plant some flowers for him by Enna's resting place, and she was not surprised he had not come out this morning. He had told her he likely wouldn't--he'd wished to go over Eodwine's books as a first step in taking the reins as Steward, and she expected he was already busy, despite the early hour.