View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #407
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine woke to the sound of a lute and voice. "Do you hear that, Ké?" He turned over; she was not there, only in his dreams. He sighed.

a man still haunted by his past

He peaked out the window; the sun was just rising above the plains of the East Emnet. He got up and stretched, donned his clothes, and washed his face from the bucket he had refilled last thing before abedding. He wondered how Saeryn had slept.

I would not have my sister taken into courtship

He wondered more what she thought.

...it is better that you refrain from the asking

But Linduial was leaving this day, and he must speak with her. There had been no chance earlier between her own healing and his court duties. He hoped catch her before they left. Fool, all you needed was to have Marenil ask her to wait. Why had he not thought of that? Oh, he knew why. He passed through the kitchen, bidding Kara a quick good morning and snatching a bite of bread from the tray she kept out. Many a friend had told him that once he got a thing in his head, all else flew away on the wind.

I hope you find what you seek

He wondered what that was, and knew the answer quick as that: peace of mind. He needed to know whether Ké was alive or dead. Yet the finding out must wait, no matter how it gnawed at him, no matter how she haunted his dreams. Are you real, Ké, or just me wishing in a vain dream?

I hope all three of us do.

Or something like that. ...find what we want ... He wondered what Degas wanted.

He heard a child's excited voice. "Did you hear him sing about the harper? And the butterfly came!" It was Lèoðern asking Linduial. Good. He was not too late. He held back just shy of the stables, choosing to wait a moment.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-04-2006 at 08:46 AM.