View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #657
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Firefoot has really elaborated (and calmly, too!) most of my biggest concerns. I don't necessarily mean that I want to play every day, dawn to dusk, no matter what. But while not every day is significant, more are than our rush through the year, game-time, reflects. I don't mind skipping a week here and there, but months are too much. And skipping months for no conceivable reason other than to keep up with some artificial real-time thing does bother me.

And it is a MAJOR concern that we can't introduce our own storylines unless we are willing to own a game. Yes, I agreed to do so in this instance, but I expressed my concerns with doing so before I did, and they still stand. I chose to run the story because I could make it more extensive in the format of a second game, and I'm putting very real effort into it, despite the lack of interest or push from many of the players (those playing evil characters there, you're great!) It still bugs me, though, that I ran the idea of the kidnapping by LMP before I did it, and no mention was made then that I would need to be willing to own a separate game in which to play it out.

But LMP also wanted to push the smaller (in scope, not importance) matter of Anguirel's capture outside the Hall thread, and I see here a trend that makes me wary of trying to introduce anything new or major concerning my characters. If LMP does not feel any obligation to make time for our storylines, that makes it very difficult to write here.