View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #18
Alfirin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alfirin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
I think those are sufficiently interesting ideas, & worth playing around with. Nothing so far that convinces me that CT has any kind of a case - though I doubt he's read the book. But then, if you're rich enough to be able to get your lawyers to destroy anything you think might, possibly, if seen in the right light, from the right angle, bother you even very, very slightly, then why bother doing anything but get it destroyed - & if you can take the writer & publisher down as well - for their presumption, to humble their 'pride' in daring to 'offend' you, all well & good.
Plus you'll be in great historical company, you'll join the ranks of such people as the first emperor of China who had all of the history books in China destroyed (so that Chinese history would begin with him) or the Islamic general who was resposible for the final destruction of the Library of Alexandria on the grounds that all of its books either agreed with the Koran (in which case they were superfluous) or disagreed with it (in which case they were blasphemous).
Alfirin is offline   Reply With Quote