View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Although Tolkien at least knew the Inklings...

But you can get as agitated as you like but I have to say the extract I could see was the second worst piece of "literature" I have read in a decade. I would have hoped publishers would be more discerning and spare me the dubious option in the first place.

But I wouldn't burn it ..pulp it and use it as bog roll far better use of a tree...
So, fine to burn 'poorly written' books? And yet, who shall decide? You? Christopher Tolkien?

Christopher is turning into a bit of a book burner, tbh, & sorry, but book burning (or 'pulping' if you're of the 'collateral damage' school of thought) is immoral & barbaric, & I'd rather have a million badly written, trashy novels out there (& there are far worse novels out there than this one appears to be) than see books being 'burned' simply because some old rich bloke decides he doesn't 'want them to be'.
davem is offline   Reply With Quote