View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #633
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"I haven't come up with anything yet, I'm sorry. But let's see. Wasn't it that Marenil suggested the children going forwards with some studies?" Stigend answered, scratching his chin slowly, looking like he was on to something. "Shouldn't Lčođern start as early as possible? Tomorrow maybe? But the lads then again... if they can't stand each other, they surely won't be able to study?" Stigend grinned mildly, looking at both of the boys.

Garstan was following his idea soon enough: "So if they can't take the classes with Lčođern, then they must have something else to do..."

Stigend nodded approvingly. "Maybe they could be doing something that is both harder and less fun? I think lord Eodwine could have something that needs to be done... and if he hasn't, we might provide them with something"

"Like cleaning the yard or overhauling the tools?" Garstan grinned now openly.

"Like you say." Stigend smiled him back. Both boys were looking at their fathers with growing concern but simultaneoysly trying to hide their concern from the other.

"And as they would be falling back in studies, they should have to spend their evenings with them. Or what do you think?" Garstan added.

"Sure. It would be bad if Lčođern would be the only one to learn reading or counting. It would be a shame indeed if they would have to ask her to read and count for them!" Stigend was almost chuckling now. Cnebba made an annoyed face at his father but he didn't seem to care the least, but continued. "And surely, if Lčođern studies during the mornings, she should then hang with the twins in the evening as these boys are up studying. She shouldn't bother them, now should she?"

That was too much for both youngsters.

"They are my friends! You can't do that! Why Lčođern?" Garmund exclaimed to Garstan.

"No! Why are you punishing only me? Why am I the only one who can't meet them?" Cnebba cried to his father.

The men looked at each other.

"Maybe we found the key just now?" Stigend said, holding his struggling son in his grip.

"It looks like we did." Garstan answered, trying to hold his son in place. "But I'm not sure if Lčođern is an innocent enough to get a reward like that..."

"I see." Stigend replied and then thought for it a moment before making the suggestion. "So Lčođern needs to come up with something to do by herself in the evenings when the boys study until she learns to appreciate both of them right... and untill the boys get together again they will be neither playing with her or the twins but making a lots of hard work and studying..."

"A bit tough, is it?" Garstan said, smiling openly.

"Yes." Stigend replied, shaking Cnebba from the shoulder. "You heard the rules son. Now it would be a fine end to this day if you would apologise Garmund before he goes to sleep."

Cnebba tried to twist himself free from his father's grip but failed. Garmund looked worriedly to his father as if being afraid that the same demand would be put on him too.