View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 05:31 AM   #9
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This scene is from Mordor.

https://twitter.com/TheMiddleborne/s...78568524943361

Galadriel never picked up a sword in any Tolkien story. Not even once. She didn't have to because her massive power and wisdom were always implied, like the power of water held by a dam. It was briefly revealed, only once, when Frodo offered her the Ring.

‘And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!’

She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illumined her alone and left all else dark. She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful.

This whole thing is just a (Marvelverse) square peg, sledgehammered into a (Middle Earth) round hole.