View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #59
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
1420! post the originals, people, this isn't quotable quotes forum ;)

Original text:

Quote:
"We cannot use the Ruling Ring. That we now know too well. It belongs to Sauron and was made by him alone, and is altogether evil. Its strength, Boromir, is too great for anyone to wield at will, save only those who have already a great power of their own. But for them it holds an even deadlier peril. The very desire of it corrupts the heart. "
...30 translations later we get:
Quote:
"We can not remove the ring. Now we know. The best part of the evil Sauron. Boluomier main effects of individual or team. Risk of death. I really do not want a broken heart."
Hey this sounds like a regular movie script :P

Also:

Original text:

Quote:
"The fleeting moment had passed, beyond recall. 'Sneaking, sneaking!' he hissed. 'Hobbits always so polite, yes. O nice hobbits! Sméagol brings them up secret ways that nobody else could find. Tired he is, thirsty he is, yes thirsty; and he guides them and he searches for paths, and they say sneak, sneak . Very nice friends, O yes my precious, very nice.'"
...20 translations later we get:

Quote:
"Authorized an immediate reaction. Craven, nonsense! And teeth. The Hobbit hobby is very polite, friendly. Oh! Smeagol fine, nobody is. Tired of Hu Jintao, seven, seven, who is responsible, I say unto you, dissemination and infiltration. A good friend of my son too. ""
This is strange, I picked an 'easier' passage on purpose and it got even more messed up than a difficult one (if the degree of 'mess-up' can even be accurately measured with these things...)