View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
I don't see the point in forcing yourself to be 'seen' reading something if it's a load of rubbish, personally! Yes, I'm not one of those people who would buy a Harry Potter in 'adult' dustjackets. Why hide it? Likewise, I hated that homes trend in the 80s for 'fake books', basically blocks of 'leather look' plastic which were made to look like sets of Dickens or Shakespeare and somehow make the homeowner look more intelligent.
But that's what people do / did! Why to deny the fact?

And at least I myself have to confess having given the impression of having read a book / seeing a film when the social occasion requires it. I don't think that is evil when it is for smoothing those social situations.

But these general lists of "what you must have read", and those who judge others by them, really make me angry. How hypocritical or fake can one get? So some people judge other people on the grounds of which books (movies) they deem important themselves? Well easy, but groundless anyway...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote