View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #676
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
The screams and crashing that had echoed round the kitchen had Frodides clutching her heart and concentrating on little else than making sure the kitchen roof hadn't fallen in again, but as Ginna resumed picking up the pieces of shattered bowl from the floor the little spots of blood that followed the trail of her hands caught her eye and she finally noticed the reason for the second cry that had come out of the girl. Shaking her head in sympathy she slowly bent down, wincing as her knees cracked, and carefully took Ginna's hands in her own, placing the fragments back on the floor.

"Come on, let's get this washed up and looked after." She murmured quietly, aware that Ginna wasn't far from weeping and not wanting an overly harsh tone to push her into doing just that while the man Frodides assumed was her father was watching.

"But-I-the bowls?" Ginna stuttered, trying to pick the pieces up still even as Frodides guided her to her feet.

"Never you mind the bowls, they can be replaced. It's your hand we need to look at. Here we go, sit down now."

Gently she pushed the shaking girl onto a stool and then filled a bowl with water and placed Ginna's bleeding hand into it.

"Just you keep that there while I clear up, alright?"

Not waiting for an answer Frodides grabbed the broom and made her way back to the mess on the floor, behind which Eodwine and Ginna's father were still standing.

"I doubt she'll need the Healer my Lord. The cut isn't deep and it's shock and embarrassment that has her shivering like that not pain. It would be wise though I think if everyone were to leave, recovery is often faster when it's only yourself you have to look out for."