View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #583
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Garstan held the book, noting how small it felt in his hand. Such a weighty matter for so light a trinket. He had never gone beyond writing his name and a few simple words for the tools of his trade. He had never had the need to learn more, but he knew that Lčođern would have need of those skills when she joined Lady Linduial, and he thought that Garmund should learn if his sister did. Garstan would not have his children grow apart through one's learning and another's lacking of the same chance.

With a slight bow at the shoulder, Garstan said, "I should be happy to send both of the children for lessons. Figuring and bookkeeping would please me well. It would be a comfort to know that Garmund could attend to the business of his trade as well as the craft."

Stigend seemed to have been listening closely to Marenil. "I would like to send Cnebba too. Some book learning would do him good."

He looked at Garstan and grinned. "And here, maybe, is an end to our other problem. With all three busy together in lessons, no one will be left out."