View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #123
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
South of the Isen

Ringwraith #4 woke up and looked around. He had no idea where he was. Furthermore, he had no idea how long he had been out. *Crap* he thought, *I bet I've been out for weeks and the race is over already. He slowly got up. *Man, my head hurts! I thought those Goblins would jump at the chance of joining us, but instead they jumped us!* He started to wobble around a bit. After a short time, he was able to stand up straight and move around without any trouble.

Soon he found the Witch-King, who was still knocked out. *Best let sleeping dogs lie* he thought to himself. He headed up towards the steering platform, and when he got there he tried to figure out where they were.

It was fairly cool out, so he guessed it was morning. By looking at the sun, he figured out which way East was. Minas Mor-go was sitting on a decent sized plain. Just a few miles to the North was a good sized River. He followed it with his eyes as far as he could to the West, and could just see that it emptied into the sea. *Ah, so we're fairly close to the Sundering Sea. Whoa! How'd we get over here!* He looked down to the South and he could see some mountains in the distance, and away to the West... there nothing but the river and plains.

At that moment the Witch-King came up, still slightly wobbling.

"What day is it? And where are we?" he mumbled.

"Well, I'm not sure about the date, but I've figured out where we are. We're just South of the Isen. See, that's the Sundering Sea over there, and those are the Western end of the Ered Nimrais." #4 replied, very satisfied by his deductive capabilities. Not to mention his geographic knowledge.

"Well that sucks." the Witch-King exclaimed, "But it looks like we've just been out for a couple days."

"How do you know that?"

"Simple." the Witch-King stated, "See that ham sandwhich I left by my chair? If we'd been out for more than 72 hours, that would be all shriveled up and moldy."**

Ringwraith #4 rolled his invisible eyes. It was true, though. "So what are we going to do? I guess head north?"

At that moment there was a commotion down on one of the lower levels of the city. Looking over the edge, #4 could see a chaotic mass of orcs rushing out of one of the first few floors of the castle. They appeared to be running for their lives. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, a firey strand came out of the doorway and took of one of the orc's heads. The other orcs ran faster, but a couple more did not get away. Suddenly, an orc captain stepped onto the steering platform.

"What do you want?" demanded the Witch-King.

"Wee hafe eh probum!" the captain replied. "Thur's eh Balrog in thi city!"

"Oh, just what we needed. Another thing to slow us down!"

"Sir, it shouldn't be too much of a problem." #4 said patiently.

"What?! How can this not 'be too much of a problem'!"

"Well, we have the River Isen right there at our disposal. Here's what I say..."

**No, I do not know if this is scientifically correct, but it doens't matter. It's just a story.