View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
Well, but but but. What if one's way of enjoying life is to write books?
I note that the books are not only written, but sold, and not cheaply (until after Dooms Day passes, then they're quite the bargain...). Must be the enjoyment of capitalism; that and wringing oil from snakes.

Quote:
And, anyway, I'm sure that there are lots of theories/ideas/ motivations/promptings/urgings/ authorical canonical statements which actually claim that writers write to cheat the gift of death.
All of that digging must be affecting my brain - probably radon - not sure what you mean.

Quote:
So, alatar, I'm not sure your inverse proportional theory would hold portent, if not water.
Back in the day, found and read a copy of Hal Lindsey's "Late Great Planet Earth" and some other products of his enjoyment, and, as would seem obvious, his end of the world predictions were all for not. Purportedly his 18 books on the topic have sold 35 million copies. A quick search brings up a bunch of other profiting prophets, but I'll just use the one point to set the trend.

And don't get me started on diluvial days of doom.

By the by, is there any mention of the causal agent and extinction extent of the Big 2012? And where can I get a T-shirt?

Last edited by alatar; 03-17-2006 at 12:14 PM.
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote