View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 01:39 AM   #19
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Cailín

She was born June 20, 1985, and she is from Utrecht, the Netherlands.

Calín is a Celtic/English (with an emphasis on Old and Mediaeval English) student at a Dutch university. (I was slightly confused at first when looking for information about where she studies, because she's a well-travelled person who has stated an interest to study in quite a lot of universities all over the world. (Come to UP! Well, maybe it's better you don't--you might get the right impression about my country . . . )) She came across the Downs while googling for information for her Beowulf paper. She *gasp* has never read The Lord of the Rings, although she has watched the film version. When she discovered Tol-in-Gaurhoth, she was immediately addicted. So on the 29th of June, 2005, she joined the Downs under the name Cailín (which in Irish Gaelic means 'girl'), which was the first word that came to her mind. And then she joined WWIX, and continued to play in games X, XI, XII, and (the current game) XVI. She has also co-moderated WWXV, with Anguirel.

Okay, personal opinion, from playing with her, and reading some of the games she has played in, she's a devoted student of the game, having read past games to gain experience (perhaps, although she may also have read them for sheer enjoyment). She is quick to offer an insight or two, often helpful, unless she were a wolf attempting to mislead the village. ( )

She is one of the few members who became a Tolkien fan because of the Downs.

Random things: She had an imaginary childhood friend, a beautiful, vertically challenged girl with waist-length black hair. She had many brushes with Eomer of the Rohirrim, including his description of her, and this confirmation. She was also the seer in WWXI, where she denounced Eomer as a Werewolf. And then there was another game (WWXII) where she, a werewolf, was killed by her victim, Eomer the hunter. [/my stupid attempt at matchmaking]

(Having gathered the data while I was still alive in WWXVI, it's feels creepy to 'stalk' someone you used to be playing Werewolves with . . . or probably even against.

I am suspicious, even here. )
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote