View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #277
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm hesitant to even put my opinion in since my character is in no way involved in all this, but in reality, I don't see why Rakin would even care if Ferethor comes back aboard ship or not. In his mind, it may be just as wel for the rebelious slave to drown as not, considering the trouble he would cause if he were kept alive on board. What's more, the ship under full sail could be going at a rather swift clip of at least eight miles per hour, and anybody who drops off it is soon left behind, and unless they tack the sheets and pull sharp about, he stays behind. And even if they do that, he's going to be in the water for several minutes. That being the case, Chaka wouldn't have much time to ask Rakin if he could save him because by the time he got to Ferethor, the poor chap would be drowned. On the other hand, if Rakin wants to keep Chaka alive, he might forgive him if he jumps over board without permission.

It would definitely be exciting if you did that. And you don't have to pay any attention to anything that I just said, seeing as, after all, they aren't my characters.

-- Folwren