View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #258
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, Lommy is a cute nick-name! Hope you don't mind my saying so. But that's really sweet.

Hoi, Perky! Firefoot made out your character to claustraphobic. . .if that's the case, is the King going to have problems with his lodging?

It was funny reading your post, Firefoot. His thoughts of Captain Hereric were most insulting, particularly the one about his own quarters being twice the size, which cracked me up, but I wanted to leap up and defend him. It's a pity that Menelcar thought all those things instead of speaking them. . .Hereric doesn't even have a chance of defending himself.

Out of curiosity, what's everyone elses opinion of the size and room in the ships? I'm reading all these Corsair posts and it sounds like their ships are just massive with tons of room to spare. I understand and that Galleys are considerably larger than regular sailing war ships that Gondor might have had, but I had no idea that they were that much bigger. I, on the other hand, am thinking that this ship of mine is going to be ram packed full of soldiers. The quarters are tight. Captain Hereric has given up his own cabin which has to be split up into two parts...but all this is in the post that you can read. Either I'm thinking the ships are smaller than they are, or you think your ships are bigger than they are. Or, there is the other alternative that the Corsair ships don't have as many people on them as athe Gondorian ships, and they are also galley ships, which are larger, by nature.

Did any of that make sense? If not, let me know, and I'll have another try at it later. If it did make sense...maybe some of the Corsair Captain or lordling players can answer the question.

-- Folwren