View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 12:43 PM   #5
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots A ship of fellows

A mirthful thread indeed, Mr. Hedgethistle. And at my back I now must hear the panting breaths of fangirls hurrying near?

But what is this? Something uncanonical! Women in the Fellowship? Who allows such cross dressing? Not I. I shall limit my selection to male members of the Downs and left the disstaff side be representd on another thread for the female characters, perhaps set up by a gentleman as gracious and mirthful as Heren Istarion.

Placing my finger aside my nose, my nominees are these:

Frodo: Son of Númenor, for his serious side, and also because I suspect he would not look askance at the chance to relieve Farmer Maggot of a few mushrooms.

Sam: davem, for his persistence and dedication and also for his knowledge of folklore, or perhaps Essex.

Merry: Heren Istarion, for his cheerful dedication to learning English as the Professor would want us to.

Pippin: Rimbaud, the boy who won't grow up (although I agree that Perky would be a good choice as well).

Legolas: Envinyatar, whose ears may be pointy or not but whose pen is as straight and true as an elven arrow and who is more far-sighted than many realise.

Gimli: SaucepanMan, for his fascination with the implements of metal works. And because sitting at the dock of the bay is one way to describe Gimli's sailing west.

Boromir: none other than Fordim Hedgethistle himself, for the temptation of the Canonicity thread.

Aragorn: Kransha, for his eye to military traditions

Gandalf the Grey: Mr. Underhill, whose courtesy and wit abounds and whose magic with the wands of programming has helped BW maintain the site

Gandalf the White: Squatter of Amon Rűdh, who has been know to post with a bite such as The White is allowed, and whose own programming skills helped complete the site's move to new and better programming.

(Well, okay, this last one is fudging things a bit, but that's what mirth is for, right?)

scampishly submitted,
hey dol merry dol

Last edited by Bęthberry; 08-29-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote