View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
Alchisiel
Haunting Spirit

Location: At The Golden Perch enjoying the best pint in the East Farthing!
Alchisiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As a new comer to LotR and to this site, I would like to comment as to why I wouldn't feel comfortable posting to this forum. It's not intentional of course but I'm very intimidated by most of you because most of you have read the books over and over again while the newbies have read them at least once. I myself am now reading LotR for the second time. All of that knowledge can be quite intimidating.

The only reason I checked out this forum was because I finally got the guts to do it. I wanted to see what you talked about to see if I could join in on the conversation. There are quite a lot of you that speak very eloquently and that can be intimidating also. For me personally I have always been intimidated by someone who speaks so eloquently because it makes me feel so common.

These are just my feelings on the matter and I could be totally wrong about the whole thing. From what I've read you folks were hinting about it so I thought I would take the initiative and just say it point blank. Hopefully I have not offended anyone because that was not my intent.