View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #16
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Fredgar Hornblower, the Shirrif of Hobbiton

Fredgar nodded and walked to the ponies. He saw one who was brown with a white spot on it's forehead. He smiled to it as it seemed most eager to get away. It scratched its hoof against the ground and snorted repeatedly, to show it's dislike of the smell of smoke. "Calm down, calm down." Fredgar said and stroke the pony over its forehead ont he little white spot. As the pony neighed he leaned closer the horse and hushed. The pony got quiet and Fredgar said "You will get away from here now, dont worry." The pony snorted again, but now it sounded mor thankful. He smiled to the pony and loosed the rope from the tree. He called for Tobias to take one or two ponies too. Tobias nodded and did as he said. Fredgar also took another pony that was quiet small. It seemed very restless and it's eyes looked frightened. He felt so sorry for him, so he loosed his rope too and began to lead him after Aman. Aman now was about half way from him, but had stopped. Fredgar tried to see why she stopped, she could see that she had stopped for a hobbit.

Tobias came up behind him with two ponies and asked what was going on. Fredgar just shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't really know, but we better wait here until she starts walking again" He sat down on the ground beside a pony and waited, and Toby accompanied him. Aman looked tired even from this distance. He saw Ruby and Buttercup too in distance preparing a meal. Many of the tired volunteer's sat at the Inn's lawn and the bucket brigade continued it's job. Fredgar could never imagine that something like this could happen. He could see many sad faces and a few of them cried of fear and sadness. Zackarias and Angus helped a hobbit child with his feets. He had stepped in hot ash and his worried mother stood beside and watched on the verge of tears. She began to walk in circles and looked totally restless.

He turned to Tobias again and saw that he looked at Aman. The hobbit she talked to looked very upset. Fredgar thought that something was wrong and suddenly rose up. "Wait here Tobias, I will just go see what's going on with Aman!" Toby noddded and Fredgar ran to Aman. He stopped beside them and jumped up and down a little and said "What's going on?" Just when he said that and came up behind them he could hear the hobbit say "and then used it to set the Inn on fire." Fredgar just got chocked and looked at the hobbit. She had caused the fire?! He looked at Aman and could see that her eyes looked empty and sad. "Errhm... Excuse me ladies..." Fredgar began and then paused as the hobbit noticed him. "You caused the fire?" Fredgar continued and sounded more harsh. The hobbit slowly nodded and blushed. She looked down at her feets. Fredgar then rememberd his duty and said "I am afraid I have to arrest you for causing the fire at the Green Dragon Inn!" Fredgar looked at her. And the hobbit looked up and he could see she cried.