View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #44
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Do what?" Gillan asked in response to Rolan's question, but he shrugged and grinned in a bemused sort of way. Taking in his words of advice about hurrying, her eyes scanned intently over the beach. She had such a bad knack for misplacing things. As if to find an answer on the horizon, Gil turned her gaze to the ocean.

Gil shaded her eyes and looked out at the ocean, where once again she saw the ships from the south. She pulled uneasily at her dress where it had puckered ridiculously at her waist from her sprinting. Even if there were pirates in the ships, no one would believe her, and not that she would no anyway. "I think I left it somewhere... around a piece of driftwood." Gil cocked her head to the side and surveyed the smooth stretch of beach.

"I think it's over there." The girl dashed forward about twenty yards, Rolan following steadily behind her. "Oh bother!" The piece of driftwood that had seemd so familiar was ,it seemed, the wrong piece. Gillan turned to face Rolan, her gray eyes puzzled. "I thought I left it around here..." Her brother gave her an exasperated glance.

"Oh, wait." Gil trotted easily to a piece of wood only a few yards away, and there she found the dark red brocade satchel, which she gratefully snatched from the sand. "Thanks for coming down to the beach to help." Gillan offered her brother a quick smile. "I didn't tell Father because he'd absolutely destroy me if I told him, but it's the book of legends that he gave me four years ago, the one with the gold leaf on the cover." Rolan raised an expressive brow.

"Good thing you've found it." The siblings turned so that they were dashing back to the city whn Gillan started.

"Rolan, can you see those ships. What... type are they." Dark brows furrowed on Gillan's forhead as she looked aprehenesively towards the sea. She took her own stories too seriously, she chided herself.