View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #319
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hama turned round to Grimm, and he was surprised to see the shining of water in Hama's eyes as well.

'I left a while ago, several years. The village I live in in the West Emnet was attacked by Dunlendings while there were few Rohirrim left to defend it, they were all slaughtered and the village was razed, even the women and children. My wife, Naefrewyn, was abused and killed, and my lad, Leodwyn, was mutilated and killed...coming back to the stench and the ashes was the hardest thing to do...'

He paused, two fundamental instincts fighting within him, his shoulders rose and fell rapidly...a drop fell from his eye onto the table and splashed, he knuckled his brow. The light flashed around and illuminated his cloak pin momentarily, the brass reflected into Grimm's face for the smallest of moments before it vanished. Hama took a deep breath and sat back once more in his chair.

'We tried to rebuild the village, but there were too few of us and there were many more Dunlending raids. It was impossible. They haunt Isengard again, but there are only a few, with a strategic assault they could be romoved, but that is only until the next generation of them grows up and learns what we did to their fathers...'

He rose, "Stay here, I will be back soon.", withing five minutes he returned with two more frothing tankards of ale. One he set in front of Grimm, the other he put before himself. "How long is it since you left Rohan, and i do not yet know your name...?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:41 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Hama Of The Riddermark ]