View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 06:07 PM   #95
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Silmaril

Amarië rode up to the inn. It was her first time here; although she had heard it was a very nice inn from her friends. Her black stallion took her to the stables, and she dismounted.

'Thank you, Eärél. You have served me well along the journey. You may rest now, for I shall not be calling upon you to travel for awhile... I hope...' Amarië said patting Eärél's neck. She led him into a stall and took an apple out of a green pouch that hung on her shoulder. He ate it and rubbed against her face in thanks. 'Namárië for now, dear friend!'

The elf maiden left him and walked into the inn. She walked up to the bar and requested a meal, and then went back to a table in the corner. There was a small fire that was set ablaze across the room, and several people of different races scattered about to room.

A young hobbit brought her the food. Amarië thanked her, and handed her two coins as a tip. The hobbit took them graciously and scurried back into the kitchen. Amarië picked at her food. She could not eat, she was still upset. Setting down the fork, she reached into her bag and pulled out a small wooden box. It was smooth wood with deep carvings.

Someone walked up and Amarië quickly hid it under then her bag, which happened to be sitting in her lap. The young hobbit walked up and disappeared into the back hall where the rooms were. Amarië put the box back into her bag, and stood up. She walked outside, leaving her food at the table. She looked around to see if there was anyone, but no one was in view.

Amarië climbed an oak tree next to the inn and climbed up onto the roof. She sat under the stars, morning drawing near. Her stone grey eyes searched the skies as the stars still twinkled so far above. The moon shone down onto her dark brown hair, which ended at her stomach. She was wearing a dark green dress that draped down to her feet, which were covered by elven boots of a dark green. She wore a black coat, the hood down.

Amarië took out the brown wooden box. She lifted the lid on it slowly, revealing a white shining gem. It’s radiance was so beautiful in the moonlight it seemed blinding. She set the box down in her lap, and lifted the jewel up into her hands. It was like a diamond, and it looked so big in her tiny hands.

Something rustled in the leaves of the oak tree, and Amarië quickly stowed away the precious gem. She snuck to the other side of the roof, and ducked down low.

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'