View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 08:04 AM   #160
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Pelien sipped a glass of wine while she watched Finduilas and Denethor dance across the floor. Feeling utterly disgusted by the princess butterfly, she scanned the room for the Dol Amroth ladies who had visited her two days prior. There they stood all huddled together making over their princess like maggots on rotting cabbage. She was convinced Finduilas had heard the vicious rumors and sent her little mascots to do her dirty work. What a pathetic woman...how would she handle her duties as the Steward's wife, when she didn't have what it takes to stand up for herself? If Adrama had had a similar problem she at least would have confronted the individual on her own without sending lackeys to do it for her. “The poor thing, she must really have something to hide,” Pelien whispered almost inaudibly into her glass.

“What was that dear?” Sador leaned in closely with a childish smile spread across his chiseled face. “Have I told you yet how stunning you look this evening?”

“Yes, you have…but you may tell me again.” Finduilas flew from Pelien’s mind as her husband complimented her appearance. In reality, Pelien did look amazing. Her costume was that of a cobra. The dress was sleek and smooth. Its shiny blackness was contrasted by two wide white stripes across her bust line. An elaborate collar rose behind her head like the hood of the notorious venomous snake and displayed two white circles on its back. The tall, proud woman carried a black mask with a white streak on each cheek, and hanging from a chain around her long neck was a forked tongue. Her costume was particularly eye-catching, if not deliciously appropriate.

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]