View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 06:29 PM   #22
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aleia entered the bustling market, and at once a thousand sights, smells and sounds hit her senses. She loved Farmer's Markets; they were the best place to buy trinkets and such. She browsed the stalls, completely oblivious of other customers' bargains, although she kept a hand on her money pouch. Aleia had been in enough markets to know that pickpockets struck in the simplest of ways; just being bumped into could lose you your money.

As Aleia moved over to a stall selling pottery, she felt someone stumble against her. She whirled around, keeping her hand on her pouch, just to see that it was only Talan.

"Hello, Aleia! Keeping a sharp eye on your money, I see," he greeted, adding, "I was already victimized this morning."

"My, they are out early!" Aleia exclaimed. "Did you get your money back?"

"Yes, luckily. I just know enough of the streets to know when I am being pickpocketed," answered Talan.

"Well, that's always a handy talent." Aleia said. He smiled and said, "Come browse with me, Aleia. I have some things to pick up, and you may see something you like. I am meeting Iswyn soon as well." Aleia hesitated only a moment before obliging. She might find that she needed some items too.

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]