Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #199
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Jess smiled at the thought of a nice bath, to clean her wounds and the sweat of deadly hard work away. But nagging at the back of her mind were her sharp words towards Cartil. Jess turned and looked at Laurel as they walked, wondering how she should phrase her question.

"Laurel..." Jess began, and Laurel looked over at her, nodding patiently but wearily. Jess sighed and shook her head before continuing. "Laurel, I've got to go take care of something, and I'll catch up with you in a few minutes."

Laurel furrowed her brow, a question in her eyes as she nodded and continued towards her destination. Jess ran off in the opposite direction, towards the entrance nearest her brother's cot and room. The inside of Alphirion's refuge was humid and smelled terribly of clotting blood, rotting limbs, and salty sweat. Jess almost got lost getting to her brother's room, her head beginning to spin again.

"I'msorry! Ididnotmeantoyellatyouandbesoharsh and," Jess spoke quickly, blending her words together and taking no breaths in between. It took her a while to notice that Cartil was not the only one in the room. Hunching over his bed was a healer, tending to and re-wrapping all of his wounds. Jesslyn blushed, and looked away, mumbling an apology to the young woman helping her brother.

The young healer soon finished tending to Cartil, and walked out smiling and nodding a goodbye to Jesslyn and her brother. When the woman was gone, Cartil grinned widely. The only thing that kept him from laughing was the pain and ache that would ensue if he did so. Jesslyn blushed again, and glared in mock anger at her brother as she walked over to him.

"I'm sorry," Jesslyn murmured slowly, collapsing into the seat next to Cartil's cot. Cartil blinked wearily, fighting to stay awake as he nodded in reply to his sister.

"I know, I know," Cartil replied, smiling as he tugged on one of his sister's locks of dirty black hair. He looked blankly at the doorway that led out of the room, and sighed. "But you should have a little faith in Laurel. We will make it through this. She got us this far, after all, didn't she? Now, go bathe or something, because you stink of dry blood and flesh!"

Jess laughed and left her brother once he fell asleep, leaving the room and heading for the room Laurel had been going before Jess had taken her leave. She found Laurel looking through cupboards for soaps and towels, to no avail as most of those items had been used on the sick and wounded.

"Laurel..."

"Yes?" Laurel turned, and sighed in some sort of slight relief when she saw Jesslyn.

"What are we going to do now, exactly? What can I do to help?" Jesslyn asked, eyes bright as she was ready to help.

[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]