View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
Kalessin
Wight

Kalessin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Several New Subsections Required By Cranky Old Windbag

I am feeling particularly cranky tonight, and as Christmas approaches I expect a cloud of Scrooge-like brusqueness to settle semi-permanently around my head ...

So can I suggest for purely selfish reasons that the following Forums are created here on BD -

1. The "Not Remotely Fascinating" What If Forum

... which I will deflower with my thread "what if Tolkien hadn't written the book in other words Tolkien wrote the book and we know what happened in the book and what happened was meant to happen and since Tolkien wrote it if YOU change it it's not Tolkien or Lord of the Rings any more but if you really find this interesting why don't you write an alternative story and post it in fanfic which would then be a worthwhile use of your imagination"

2. The "Hey Dude" Who Is The Coolest/Cutest/Greatest/Smartest/Baddest/Oldest (etc. etc.) Man/Elf/Maia/Orc (etc. etc.) Forum

... to which I will not contribute to on the grounds that I don't even care about my opinions on this matter.

3. The "Too Much Time On My Hands" I'm Wondering Do Orcs have Retractible Whiskers Forum

... to which I invite one and all to substitute their own preferred question, such as "Um, if you have really pointy ears does that make you, like, an uber-elf?", or "What does Old Toby smell like in Winter?". Only those with suitable (inane)questions or those who indeed have suitable answers, should contribute. My own answers are not printable.

Should these sub-forums be created, it is conceivable that the series of humourous, interesting and insightful threads already present on the various current Forums will not be lost among the mire, and will run their course until replaced at the top of the most recent list with equally excellent examples.

Bah Humbug [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

PS I will review this post following my next meal and if it clashes with my carefully-faked persona (that of a tolerant, good-natured liberal philosopher) I may order Bob Cratchit to delete it immediately.

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Kalessin ]
Kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote